German Virtual Racers Community Portal
German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht

144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
wrcPuncture
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

Bilder im Album: 0

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 28, 2020 21:32    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

757, 75hz
fixVSync=1
vSyncActive=1
adaptiveFFB=0

I think it works well smile but I tried different combinations of graphic card settings etc. Now works even with radeon antilag, enhanced sync etc. ON...

Who also drive 75hz? Can confirm that it is OK? my eyes get a little tired, so I want to make sure smile))

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album
adrianklimas
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 29, 2020 09:22    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I tested yesterday different settings. And I must say the best results (in stagetimes) I have when I turn vsync off (both in game and nvidia) and use ultra low latency mode in nvidia panel. With this setup I run e-Larc shakedown, and I set a World Record time in RC2 class. But image is not so smooth as with vsync on. I have this same feelings as Lamda. When vsync is off the force feedback is lot more weak, and is hard to feel car weight.

When I turn vsync on (standard - not fast sync) i have the most smooth picture, but my stage times was worse (input lag causes is harder to aim the corners. This is important when you go flatout). Force Feedback is stronger too. Very good feeling of the car weight.

Fast sync is someting between this to.

I have a 144 hz monitor. My PC : i7 4790K, GIGABYTE GTX 970, 8 GB RAM.

I saw I have micro stutters every 1-2 seconds. I dont know how describe it.

Something like that : smooth,smooth LAG, smooth smooth LAG.

I dont know, maybe thats smoething with my memory or hard disk. But I dont have this problem on games like Dirt Rally 2.0, Assetto Corsa Competizione or iRacing - in this titles I have ultra smooth picture wink

AlDrive
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 29, 2020 16:36    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Microlags remained. But maybe this is my problem? In another case, if it starts to lag, most users will be very unpleasant.

wrcPuncture
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 29, 2020 17:13    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

AlDrive hat folgendes geschrieben:
Microlags remained. But maybe this is my problem? In another case, if it starts to lag, most users will be very unpleasant.

Can you try version 6.2.748 and then imidietaly the new one? Just to make sure that if it is really due to ngp, pc or settings.

AlDrive
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 29, 2020 18:56    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

wrcPuncture hat folgendes geschrieben:

Can you try version 6.2.748 and then imidietaly the new one? Just to make sure that if it is really due to ngp, pc or settings.

Yesterday I passed the RBR-RU championship stage. Microlags began in the middle of SS12 (physics of NGP 6.2.748). If I put the physics of NGP 6.3.757.430, the microlags begin immediately. (maybe the reason is in my gland, I just describe the situation)

wrcPuncture
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 29, 2020 22:47    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

@WorkerBee: it's strange, as you said - hunting ghosts.. I think quite frustrating for you as there are many possibilites what can be wrong - HZ, physics rate, our pc, our settings, perception etc etc...

So I was thinking.. isn't possible to set physics rate manually? So everyone can choose what "feel" them well. Lets say: "just" new row in fixup.ini: physicsrate= blabla...

But this is just suggestion as I don't know if it is possible, or how difficult to make...

jendabek
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 30, 2020 00:23    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

FIA needs some WorkerBee as well biggrin https://youtu.be/XHpLLCXfsLY?t=790

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name
AlDrive
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 30, 2020 23:52    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

With physicsUpdateRate = 0, a great smooth picture

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 29
Bilder in P. Galerie: 27
WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 08:05    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

AlDrive hat folgendes geschrieben:
With physicsUpdateRate = 0, a great smooth picture

Thx for your immediate feedback.
Yes, setting this to 0 (zero) makes the game use the default rate, which suites your machine and settings best.

Jan and wrcPuncture may have to set it to 150 or a little higher to get rid of the 1-hour stutter.

A.G.
Profi - Racer
Profi - Racer

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 09:57    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

With SFX and 144hz also 150 or more?

www.facebook.com/gruendauerracing

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 11:01    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

A.G. hat folgendes geschrieben:
With SFX and 144hz also 150 or more?

The physics update rate is not really related to SFX in any way.
But as the UDP telemetry is sent at the same frequency, you have to configure the SFX provider plugin appropriately.

Choose a value which you find best, configure this value in rbr.ini and put the same in the .config of the SFX provider plugin. These two values have to match.

pedrodfa
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 13:36    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Report on the latest ngp with the physics update rate option:

Unfortunately the only proper 100% smooth option with a 144hz display (VR or monitor, doesnt matter) is to put the rate at 144, which as other users have mentioned has the micro stutter issue, which is constant and seems to happen in regular intervals like every 4 seconds.
All other options solve the micro stutters but bring the physics/display mismatch, so its not 100% perfect smooth. Having said that, putting a 145 or 143 option is smoother that for ex 150.
Bear in mind that this is something you don't instantly see, you have to pay attention especially if you have the option to look to the side like to plants and objects, there you see the mismatch in a more clear way, so the ones who have a triple screen setup or a 144hz vr display can look to the sides, the other ones can maybe arrange a way to put the camera facing one side and also see it in a more clear way.

Another interesting finding was that replay mode seems to use a different physics rate or at least not be affected by the physics rate defined by ngp.

I wonder what these micro stutters could be.

By the way, my specs are:

1070gtx
i7 6700k
8gb ram
valve index at 144hz

also, didn't get to test the 1hour situation.

pedrodfa
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 13:42    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

could we have a wider range of physics update rates?
Even just for test purposes, like 288hz, 432, 576?

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 17:24    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

pedrodfa hat folgendes geschrieben:
could we have a wider range of physics update rates?
Even just for test purposes, like 288hz, 432, 576?

No, you can't have it, just because it doesn't work !

pedrodfa
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 20:29    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

So only values between 137 and 153 work? Why so specific? Just curious, it’s a topic of my deep interest. When you say animations would be broken, what kind of stuff are you referring to? Thanks in advance

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 20:47    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Skidmarks, tire sounds, wipers + raindrops, particles etc.
And it does not fix the micro stutter stuff, so not worth trying any longer.

We have tested physics rates up to maybe 800 Hz. Not worth the effort, as it screws most of the game.

If you want to have cool graphics, play Dirt. wink

adrianklimas
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 20:56    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I have tested the newest update. I set PhysicsRate to 144 and it works perfectly for me. Lot more smooth picture and better force feedback! Now is lot lot better. And stuttering has gone. So BIG THANK YOU BEE! BIG JOB!

Now We wait to deploy on plugin because important rallies are coming!

Thanks a lot again!

P.S. I have 144 hz monitor. Vsync set to off

jendabek
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 22:19    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

vSync off in GPU settings, but in FixUp.ini you have vSyncActive=1, right?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name
Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 37
Bilder in P. Galerie: 2
Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 22:24    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

WTF

why should someone want more than 144hz ??? i belive you will not see the difference between 120hz and 144hz, why you need 288hz??????

It is not helpfull to occupy Workerbee with such nonsens!

adrianklimas
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 22:33    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

jendabek hat folgendes geschrieben:
vSync off in GPU settings, but in FixUp.ini you have vSyncActive=1, right?

I have off in both, in nVidia and fixup. For the smallest possible input lag.

pedrodfa
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 22:39    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Workerbee, smoothness is not about graphics, so no point in playing dirt. A simulation needs the highest smoothness (fps, physics rate), resolution, etc. Not eye candy graphics like dirt as you may well know.
Looks like some people here are still in the 60fps standard, well i understand, things evolve and it takes a while for everyone to realize that we can see differences in more than 1000fps, its just science. A lot of simulators use a higher rate like rfactor 2 (400hz), ac (333) etc. Just dont ridicule yourselves by saying why would anyone need more than 120 or 144. Just be humble until you try a VR headset running at smooth 144hz and then you will understand why such little differences count and you really see a difference between 90fps and 144 for ex.
And I said 288 because its a multiple of 144 and maybe it could fix the stutter.
Such arrogance in this forum.

jendabek
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 22:40    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

@adrian
But then you are not limiting fps and your GPU is constantly on 100%, right?

Lamda hat folgendes geschrieben:
WTF

why should someone want more than 144hz ??? i belive you will not see the difference between 120hz and 144hz, why you need 288hz??????

It is not helpfull to occupy Workerbee with such nonsens!

I have 144Hz but I am pretty sure 240Hz vs 144Hz would still make some difference... but not big as 60 vs 144 for sure. But I don't think it should be any priority right now.

adrianklimas
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 31, 2020 22:54    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Yeah dont limiting. I have about 1000 fps on stage.

A.G.
Profi - Racer
Profi - Racer

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 01, 2020 09:39    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Does anybody have some good physic update rate found for 144hz screens?

I have vsync off ingame and in nvidia settings, but a fps limiter set at 141fps.

Have tried different settings with my triple monitor setup but couldn't find a really smooth parameter for the moment.

www.facebook.com/gruendauerracing

adrianklimas
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 01, 2020 13:48    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

A.G. hat folgendes geschrieben:
Does anybody have some good physic update rate found for 144hz screens?

I have vsync off ingame and in nvidia settings, but a fps limiter set at 141fps.

Have tried different settings with my triple monitor setup but couldn't find a really smooth parameter for the moment.

The most smooth picture I have with 144 refresh rate. I tried also 141 HZ and 150 HZ. But 144 is the best for me.

My fixup.ini settings :
fullscreenWindow=0
fixAspectRatio=1
fixVSync=1
vSyncActive=0
headGasketDurability=3
centerMenu=0
processor=0
adaptiveFFB=0
ffbBufferCycles=0
ffbDeadZone=0
ffbDeadZoneThreshold=0
ffbMinFPS=0
soundRefreshRate=0

I play on fullscreen.

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Weiter
Seite 4 von 5

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Cobalt 2.0 phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright © 2002-2004 Jakob Persson

Modifieds: 2004-2006 by Adi