German Virtual Racers Community Portal
German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht

NGP6 - Offline Test
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Penny_Menny
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 120
Bilder in P. Galerie: 84
Penny_Menny's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 02, 2019 12:44    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I think the brakes are getting too fast "bad", that doesn't feel real with a big brake.
The force feedback is stronger, I felt that too..

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 29
Bilder in P. Galerie: 27
WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 02, 2019 15:39    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

jendabek hat folgendes geschrieben:
Have you guys changed something in the force feedback? It feels improved dramatically!

Well, FFB is same as before, but tyres/surfaces and suspension geometry have been changed for some cars.
For sure it should feel differently.

One feedback from a real rally driver - he says the brakes should stay to be effective for much longer distances (he noticed the car almost stops braking after just 4kms, he tested Hyundai R5 and Clio)

Thx, but I require telemetry data for verifying this.
Otherwise it is just a "guess". smile
Record the telemetry and send it to me.

and also diffs tends to be oversteering too much based on his testings.

Not my problem. wink
You may change the setups to your liking.
In previous releases people always complained about understeer.
So I deliberately changed the setups to be more oversteery, so to say. wink

Otherwise he likes it a lot!

Yeah, I know ...

I noticed also some differences in the engine sound, there is now some clipping like here: https://youtu.be/qMkkVVi3TS8?t=9 Does NGP 6 uses higher sound levels so this (custom) one is clipping?

Engine sound ?
Maybe, as the engines now have the proper capacity and consume the fuel they are supposed to do, so the mass flow will be different.

RALLY Guru
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

Bilder im Album: 0

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 02, 2019 16:41    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

[quote="Lamda"]
Zitat:
But I experienced a collision bug in Carvalho de Rei

if you want make serious test, avoid tracks from trackbuilder Popov orrally guru (there some more which have no appreciation of higher technical details)...

Thanks, Lamda you very sweet wink

BUCK Tyler
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 02, 2019 18:23    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

The bug on Carvalho de Rei is not new to NGP6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8NoWGGOstE

jendabek
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 02, 2019 21:40    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

WorkerBee: People from the czech RBR community are ALL reporting that brake issue.
They say their car almost stops braking around 1/2 of Semetin stage in example.

I am adding a telemetry report of Falstone stage by on of the "tester":
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sLoOldCqnlQIcgbtjSIwHzAa23CZwp5k/view?usp=sharing

And another 2 with the same issue (brakes almost stop working during just one stage)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KszXdJT7hNY5dHTahOBEZbdKkVdYIA9g
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QOYI4AGunbefIJxkPSgyN_m29Hwevpfl

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/389322428?t=00h19m02s

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 03, 2019 06:57    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Thx Jendabek, that's something I can work with.

I don't doubt that anyone has issues with the brakes, but the telemetry should tell me what's actually going wrong. smile
It is not just a single value to be taken into account, as I have modelled an entire brake system with heat flows and that stuff.

Don't worry, we will fix that. wink

Ivysaur
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 03, 2019 18:56    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I am not so fond of the small steering range of the 2 Citroens. They are 270. Makes it very twitchy to drive.

In overal the phsyics and the cars are great. With the FWD's and the Porsche as the best.

Is it supposed that the wheelrotation of the cars is locked? So I have to lock my steering wheel to the rotation of the car I am driving?

In vanilla it was the rule to up the wheelrotation to 792 and then play with 540.

Keep up the good work!

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 03, 2019 19:55    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Ivysaur hat folgendes geschrieben:
I am not so fond of the small steering range of the 2 Citroens. They are 270. Makes it very twitchy to drive.

Well, 270 is from center to lock, so you have 540 lock-to-lock.
That is 1.5 turns, as is the real thing. wink
Steering ratio is ~12:1. That is quite direct, but far from twitchy.

In overal the phsyics and the cars are great. With the FWD's and the Porsche as the best.

Thx, I'm happy that you like it.

Is it supposed that the wheelrotation of the cars is locked?

Yes.
The degrees in the setups (center-to-lock) are meant as a hint what you "should" set in your steering wheel driver (controller) for maximum realism (depending on the driver's units maybe double the value).

So I have to lock my steering wheel to the rotation of the car I am driving?

No, you do not have to.
Use any steering wheel setting you feel comfortable with.
Regarding these settings, my philosophy has not changed.
The simulation will not force you to use a specific setting (or type of controller, clutch, H-shifter, wheel, gamepad, whatever).

In vanilla it was the rule to up the wheelrotation to 792 and then play with 540.

Yes, vanilla's setup with 792 was ridiculous, in combination with 540 steering wheel THAT was twitchy, to use your wording.
Way too much rotation of the wheels.

Keep up the good work!

Work. Eat. Sleep. Work ... wink

anbarra
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 3

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 03, 2019 22:23    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Die VRC gemeinde ist schon ganz interessiert wann NGP6 im plugin steht. Kann man da etwas abschätzen in einer anzahl der wochen/monate? smile

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 35
Bilder in P. Galerie: 2
Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 03, 2019 22:31    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

lass doch die Leute erst mal in ruhe testen und Günni noch sauber an den Sachen feilen. kennst doch inzwischen das Motto von Workerbee, when its done , than its done.

Genau durch solche ungedult und schnell releases haben wir ständig verbuggte strecken und autos. wären die besser und länger getestet (und der autor hat tatsächlich interesse auch die Zeit für ein bugfixing zu investieren) dann hätten wir deutlich weniger crap im plugin!!

also Füße still halten und auf release warten. wenn du nichts zur verbesserung beitragen kannst, einfach mal den Mund halten!
(sorry dass ich das so drastisch sagen muss, aber mir geht dieses "wann ist es fertig" geblubbere tierisch auf den Sack)

--------------------------
www.germangarage.de

anbarra
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 3

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 04, 2019 00:21    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

war ja nicht ungeduldig gemeint smile rechne mit keiner anderen antwort als 2-3 monate oder so, da ich schon bemerkt habe dass jedes auto neu geschrieben werden muss smile aber gut, ich ruh mich aus, ngp5 kann währenddessen auch genossen werden smile

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 04, 2019 06:24    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Immer langsam mit den jungen Pferden, Leute ... smile

Richtig bemerkt, alle Fahrzeuge müssen komplett überarbeitet werden.

Je mehr Details man simuliert, desto mehr Aufwand muss man in Recherche, Erstellung und Test investieren.

Wer aufgepasst hat, wird bemerkt haben, dass ich in NGP 6 zunächst wenig Autos, aber viele verschiedene Fahrzeugklassen modelliert habe.
So kann ich mit "minimalem" Aufwand die Möglichkeiten der Simulation ausloten.

Wenn dann alles passt, ist es relativ wenig Aufwand, alle restlichen Fahrzeuge nachzuziehen (alle R3, R5, etc).

Dann muss Vaclav noch alles (über 150 Fahrzeuge) ins Online Plugin bringen.

Eins und eins zusammengezählt, kommen dabei Monate raus.

NGP 5 ist deswegen ja nicht schlecht.

Das Bessere ist der Feind des Guten. (Voltaire)

jendabek
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 04, 2019 13:13    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Test of different types of tyres on snow - seems to be spot on now! cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzSe6O8O3g

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name
jendabek
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 04, 2019 16:50    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

WorkerBee: I got another feedback from the best Czech RBR driver, he is also a real rally driver:
1. He believes that 270 lock is too small (should be 540 for WRC) which makes the car handling difficult and feels like "driving a touring car"
2. Too soft suspensions regardless of settings (he tried to set springs to 80nm front and 72 rear and still got too much swing "like with a cadillac"). He notes today's WRC sticks to the road almost like a circuit-racing cars, so the overall grip should be way higher.
3. Aerodynamics not working properly - too low rear aero pressure which causes loossing rear regardless of speed, seems like running without spoiler.
4. Tyres have too low grip on tarmac = too difficult to control once the traction is lost. He says it is often difficult to make a handbrake turn in reality, but with NGP 6 it is too easy.
5. Unlike the other testers, he had no issues with breaks

He uploaded his telemetry & replays & setup here https://goo.gl/Aw5Nuj

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 04, 2019 20:47    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

WorkerBee: I got another feedback from the best Czech RBR driver, he is also a real rally driver:

Just for the record: which cars does he drive in real life (no offending intended) ?

Basically I think there are some misunderstandings, but let me detail:

1. He believes that 270 lock is too small (should be 540 for WRC) which makes the car handling difficult and feels like "driving a touring car"

(already explained, but again:)
270 is from center to lock, so it's 540 lock-to-lock.
That is 1 and 1/2 turns lock-to-lock.
As far as I know this is what each and every modern WRC (and R5) car use, at least since cars like Impreza, Focus, Xsara.

2. Too soft suspensions regardless of settings (he tried to set springs to 80nm front and 72 rear and still got too much swing "like with a cadillac").

I suppose he uses the wrong camera, I mean the one with the "in-car-shaking feature" ?!
Others are complaining my setups are too "stiff", whatever this means.

Actually I only have trustworthy setup data from R5 cars.
As the R5 have similar performance (at least in the short run), the setups between R5 and WRC should not differ that much.
Maybe stiffer because of the higher downforce, as the car will be lowered onto the springs (compressed) the faster it goes.

He notes today's WRC sticks to the road almost like a circuit-racing cars, so the overall grip should be way higher.

When looking at his replays, the car actually sticks to the ground.
It is not driving on rails.
I do agree that "today's WRC"s stick to the ground, but slicks or semislicks exist since the 70s (or maybe earlier), so that sticky thing is not a new invention.
Look at the infamous group B videos, these also had massive aero and grip.

What does that mean ?
Don't mistake circuit racing for rallying, or better say mistake circuit racing grip for rallying grip on public roads.
Remember circuit racers always complaining about the shitty grip when being on the first training sessions ?
Only as soon as you have rubber on the track you have those high grip levels.
Rally roads are supposed to be dirty, with less grip.

3. Aerodynamics not working properly - too low rear aero pressure which causes loossing rear regardless of speed, seems like running without spoiler.

Sorry, that is definitely not true.
We have really huge downforce, front and rear. And it works perfectly. Especially the WRC.
You could verify this by telemetry (car lowers as springs are compressed at higher speeds).

Or double check against a standard car, e.g. Ascona (no downforce) or maybe Porsche (little downforce).
A good track is Joux Verte, the long slightly downhill corners.
I was surprised about the difference in cornering speeds between these cars.

4. Tyres have too low grip on tarmac = too difficult to control once the traction is lost. He says it is often difficult to make a handbrake turn in reality, but with NGP 6 it is too easy.

You use an analog handbrake ?
Please try another car, especially RWD, and tell me that tarmac grip is too low.
You have to be able to break traction, and keep the drift alive.
Impossible with driving on rails tarmac grip.

5. Unlike the other testers, he had no issues with br(e)aks

I do confirm that the brakes are buggy.
But I fixed that yesterday in the R5 and WRC cars, so I guess (from the wear telemetry) that he already has been using the updated version.
More details about that maybe later, I am still working on the other cars.

He uploaded his telemetry & replays & setup here https://goo.gl/Aw5Nuj

Thx, already checked a few things.

Don't get me wrong, testing such stuff is very subjective, especially without knowing all the internals.
But if we really would do increase the (tarmac) grip A LOT it would be like vanilla, or even worse, the pimped RSRBR or RBRTM tyres like the Focus or C4 had (laughable).

My humble opinion. smile

I think your test driver is exaggerating here and there. Handbrake turn difficult ? Only a matter of balls, strong right arm and inertia. wink
His replays actually look very good (mostly) and realistic. I just don't see the need for more grip.

Anyway we should keep the discussion alive.

jendabek
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 04, 2019 22:39    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Thank you very much for all your answers, I just want to ensure you these are not my reports, I am only forwarding what I get from the community as they often speak English even worse than me (breaks vs brakes, omg) or they struggle registering here (it took me some time too), or they are too shy to speak with such celebrity biggrin
Personally I enjoy NGP 6 really a lot and don't experience any of the reported issues, I try to enjoy it regardless of what I was used to with NGP 5 (it is really different in some areas).
Everyone agrees it is already BIG step forward (even that last "tester"), I just want to help with polishing the gold smile
But please don't work too much, it looks like RBR is going to be the only rally sim in this century and bees don't have especially long life span smile

Dennis Zetak
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 05, 2019 15:06    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hello Bee,
At first, very thank you to making rbr better, NGP 6.0 is a big step forward, mainly on suspensions, but I have some dissapointments from the steering.
You said, RBR is counting steering lock from center to lock, but Im not sure of that. I hope, every car has + - same steering lock (not like drift cars, it has much bigger !) but in rally cars is very important have that steering lock quicker. In WRC cars is around ½ quicker then in a real life cars. Lock is +- same, but steering rack is completely different and made for racing use only. You can buy quicker steering car for example here: https://shop.quaife.co.uk/opel-manta-rhd-quaife-quick-rack-pinion-kit-2-5.
We have a rally car Opel Corsa and we use steering quickener for getting car more sensitive and for quicker response. It looks like this: https://rallystore.net/3580-large_default/steeringrack-quickener-1-2-ratio.jpg
By this I would like to tell you, that steering lock is almost every time same, but difference is in steering rack, like in a WRC, or R5, R2 cars and so. I have friend from my town and he have Opel Vectra BTCC from 1996, which was factory car made for Thompson. He has very low steering lock and this DS3 WRC from NRC6.0 is very similar to that touring car and its wrong, sorry.
Because of that problem with steering many people says, car is too oversteer. Yes, because its have low steering lock and you cant handle drift in hairpin corners. In RBR I drive on 270° on Thrustmaster and steering in NGP 6.0, only in DS3WRC and Hyundai R5 is not sensitive. Look at Lefevbre in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP-gI7IOV44&fbclid=IwAR1crkB4UmcTRezVHR4DV6cyEsJfkQyKGcYPZ_d-6NgRbEX2c5rB-qTr1sI
He has 540°on steering wheel and it looks like very sensitive, not like in RBR now.
Please Bee, think about it.
Here is video from my experiment to show you, that steering lock is bad compared to others cars. It shouldnt be big difference between cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djpGHLA2xHY

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Dennis Zetak am Di März 05, 2019 15:23, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet

pedrodfa
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 05, 2019 15:13    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hi Workerbee

This is my first post in this forum. Im a long time RBR driver and NGP user.
First of all congratulations on the fantastic work you do with the development of NGP, and in particular this latest version. It really feels like a step forward, feels more complex and close to reality.

I have only one problem, which is that I never really find the sweet spot of setups for proper handbrake turns in tarmac, it feels always too binary, too black and white. I know it should be drastic, of course we are blocking the rear wheels, but still I think maybe theres an adjustment to that? Is that handbrake release setup? Or in the controller filters?
I have a shitty modified joystick as the handbrake, I wonder if a fanatec handbrake for example would give me better control?

Also in general it feels easier to loose the rear in this new ngp in the i20 r5.. but maybe thats more realistic I don't know.

Keep up the great work
P.S. Lots of times I wonder If in the future it would be possible to carry all the code and ngp work to a completely new graphics engine and make a new RBR with slightly better graphics..
Also, will we see an escort mk2 in this new ngp?
cheers.

jendabek
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 05, 2019 16:00    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

WorkerBee, another report from the actual Fabia R5 driver
https://www.ewrc-results.com/entryinfo/54939-global-assistance-setkani-mistru-2018/2023303/

He (and he is not alone with this opinion) says the R5 feels too heavy (like weighting 2 tons) and should react way quicker. The R5 has very sensitive steering and it shouldn't take so long to make the actual turn, he adds it is especially noticeable in high speeds where you need to start turning 50 meters ahead a corner.

pedrodfa: Just about the graphics - this is more about a modder skills & effort than RBR graphics engine capability. Sure, you won't get fancy modern effects like translucency, normal mapping etc., but there are some techniques ingored by modders (i.e. lighting baking into models) which can bring RBR graphics to a different level. Also the current tracks suffer from being optimized to extremely old HW which still the most of the community use and don't want to get rid of that.
Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any example as it has to stay private, but hopefully something will be released for community in the future - stay tuned and maybe you will be surprised smile

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 05, 2019 22:14    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Dennis Zetak hat folgendes geschrieben:
Hello Bee,
At first, very thank you to making rbr better, NGP 6.0 is a big step forward, mainly on suspensions

Thx, but the big step forward is not due to the suspension, which may disappoint you a little bit. wink

, but I have some dissapointments from the steering.

So maybe we can discuss about a solution.

You said, RBR is counting steering lock from center to lock, but Im not sure of that.

But I am sure, having reverse engineered the entire simulation and modeled 150 cars.

I hope, every car has + - same steering lock (not like drift cars, it has much bigger !)

No, why should they ?

but in rally cars is very important have that steering lock quicker.

Agreed.

In WRC cars is around ½ quicker then in a real life cars. Lock is +- same, but steering rack is completely different and made for racing use only.

That depends on which steering racks and ratios the manufacturer has homologated.

You can buy quicker steering car for example here: https://shop.quaife.co.uk/opel-manta-rhd-quaife-quick-rack-pinion-kit-2-5.
We have a rally car Opel Corsa and we use steering quickener for getting car more sensitive and for quicker response. It looks like this: https://rallystore.net/3580-large_default/steeringrack-quickener-1-2-ratio.jpg

Come on, I know that.
As you quote the Manta, Opel motorsport stated in their manual for the Ascona 400 (same car base as Manta 400) 3 different steering racks and ratios.
Production car 18:1, roundabout 4 turns lock to lock.
Performance car 16:1, ca. 3 turns lock to lock.
Special performance rack with 15:1 ratio, ca. 2.5 turns lock-to-lock. The latter one is stated as being "mostly too direct" and to require lots of force by the driver, if combined with wide tires, only recommended when used on ice and light gravel.

For the record, you realize that I am quite aware of steering ratios and the like. wink

By this I would like to tell you, that steering lock is almost every time same, but difference is in steering rack, like in a WRC, or R5, R2 cars and so. I have friend from my town and he have Opel Vectra BTCC from 1996, which was factory car made for Thompson. He has very low steering lock and this DS3 WRC from NRC6.0 is very similar to that touring car and its wrong, sorry.

So, if steering lock "is almost every time same", please have a look at the official specs of the Ford Fiesta:
M-Sport Fiesta (use button "Technical Specification")
ratio 12:1, 1.5 turns lock-to-lock, makes 1.5 * 360° / 2 / 12 = 22.5° angle at the wheel.
Given a wheelbase of 2493mm this makes for a curb-to-curb turning circle of 13029mm.

Thinking that WRCs are of the same breed, I have used exactly these steering specs for the DS3.
Can not be that different from a Fiesta, I suppose. Just my 2 cents.
Wrong ?

Because of that problem with steering many people says, car is too oversteer.

The steering has nothing to do with oversteer.
I can't agree with this.

Yes, because its have low steering lock and you cant handle drift in hairpin corners

At the limit the steering is quite useless, you actually "steer" the car by balancing the wheel loads.

. In RBR I drive on 270° on Thrustmaster and steering in NGP 6.0, only in DS3WRC and Hyundai R5 is not sensitive.

I just don't understand what you mean by "not sensitive".
Could you please explain ?
I mean, having a ratio of 12:1 is sensitive.

Look at Lefevbre in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP-gI7IOV44&fbclid=IwAR1crkB4UmcTRezVHR4DV6cyEsJfkQyKGcYPZ_d-6NgRbEX2c5rB-qTr1sI
He has 540°on steering wheel and it looks like very sensitive, not like in RBR now.

I do not see anything in this video.
But I realize that he makes "square left" corners with just 90° of steering.

Please Bee, think about it.
Here is video from my experiment to show you, that steering lock is bad compared to others cars.

It shouldnt be big difference between cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djpGHLA2xHY

It is not "bad", it is different. wink

I have 3 videos for you:
Tanak leaving service (goto ~42:00)
Ogier leaving Service (goto 8:32)
WRC Citroen service (0:08 entering, 12:30 leaving)

I mean, if you drive into or out of the garage, maybe even a mechanic tells you to turn, wouldn't you apply full lock ?!?
And I have seen videos where they even use the handbrake to turn the car.
Just for show ? WRC drivers as posers ?

These videos and lots of other occasions where I really have been wondering about the small wheel angle, compared to a production car.
But, as I said, at the limit basically you do not use the steering for manouvering the car.

Dennis Zetak
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 06, 2019 08:25    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Suspension is too soft for me, but in basically its very good. I can make a stiff setup so its a personally thing how can I setup a car.

And about steering. Lets say, the steering lock is good, as in real wrc cars. But then you have to make something with steering filters in game, because when I set my wheel to 540°, as in reality, I must steer too much in a fast corners. Its not like on Lefevbre onboard. Have you test this?

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 06, 2019 09:32    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Ich frage mal deutsch, weil ich nicht so ganz verstehe worum es geht.

also worum geht es?

um den Radeinschlag bzw. Radwinkel?

oder um den Lenkradeinschlag?

Zum Lenkgetriebe:

prinzipell ist es doch so, dass ich ingame einen maximalen radeinschlag habe. Dieser sollte mit einem realistischen wendekreis übereinstimmen (was er auch tut, selbst bei den Testvideos sieht das nicht ungewöhnlich groß aus)
je nach radstand und lenkübersetzung fällt der bei jedem fahrzeug anders aus. das macht NGP doch korrekt.

wenn ich weniger und schneller am lenkrad kurbeln möchte, muss man das doch sowieso am lenkrad einstellen.

Hier bin ich selbst aber auf schnee und mit dem I20R5 mit einer lenkwinkeleinstellung von 2 Umdrehungen (lock to Lock) nicht klar gekommen, da hat er sich ständig eingedreht, weil ich das heck nicht mehr einfangen konnte. selbst wenn ich versuchte besonders schnell und besonders viel zu reagieren. bei einer einstellung von 1,5 umdrehungen (lock to lock) hatte ich keine probleme diesbezüglich

www.germangarage.de

holihon2012
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 07, 2019 22:45    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

A question:

The default steering range is very narrow (e.g. Quattro Grp 4). I'm playing with joystick and need more steering angle like 720 degree.

And once I go into physics.rbz and edit the steering range in related .lsp file (like r_gravel.lsp), then I load into game and I can not shift gear to 2 or above, only have gear R, N, 1

Pls give some advice.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer
Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 08, 2019 10:03    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

the RBR parameter is not how much you can pull your joystick (or your steering wheel)!

Your joystick (steering wheel) allways count from lock to lock.

The RBR parameter represent (simply says) the maximum possible tyre angle. The result is a defined turning circle (aprox 10m, but individual for every car). It is confused named in RBR.

Your realistic movement to catch this maximum tyre angle (lock) must set at your controller driver. i dont belive a joystick have such options (maybe flysticks or something special)

In my opinion, if the turning cycle is realistic, there is nothing to change to tyre angle (or rather steering gear)

Zitat:
And once I go into physics.rbz and edit the steering range in related .lsp file (like r_gravel.lsp), then I load into game and I can not shift gear to 2 or above, only have gear R, N, 1
you maybe found the cheat protection..... dont change parameter at lsp it will mostly run into cheat protection systems.

www.germangarage.de

holihon2012
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 08, 2019 12:56    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Zitat:
you maybe found the cheat protection..... dont change parameter at lsp it will mostly run into cheat protection systems.

I only play offline.

I use PS3 joysitck and set the motion axis (roll left - right) as steering axis, it's hard to turn to max range in pratice, so I still wish to change the default steering range.

Another thing is, I also would like to change the DampBumpStep from 10.0 to 100.0, because 10.0 is too small and takes me a lot of time to tune the damping.

But if I change anything in r_gravel.lsp (or snow, tarmac), I could not shift to 2 or above anymore. In NGP 5, I didn't meet this problem.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter
Seite 2 von 4

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Cobalt 2.0 phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright © 2002-2004 Jakob Persson

Modifieds: 2004-2006 by Adi