German Virtual Racers Community Portal
German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht

NGP6 - Offline Test
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 29
Bilder in P. Galerie: 27
WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 11, 2019 13:38    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Nahh, don't spoil it.

The Impreza is finished and by chance one of the R4/N4 Evos is up next.
Not because I would particularly like it, but because of that it is very popular.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album
pedrodfa
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

Bilder im Album: 0

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 11, 2019 15:15    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

fiesta19 tarmac 540º

So after a couple of hours trying every kind of combination in the setup, mainly diff settings and handbrake pressure/input filters and also trying different approaches to hairpins I really feel that there´s something not right with how the car looses its rear in such an uncontrolled and unpredictable way. I don't know if its related to the central diff or the tyre model itself or whatever it might be, but it doesnt feel realistic.

Also, if the degrees on the steering angle are a matter of taste as workerbee says, why in real life probably all of them use 540º? Again I say, this should be tested with a correct ratio, and not 450 or 360. That is if our goal is realism. Competition is a different matter altogether.

Fabz
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 11, 2019 18:54    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

It is tested with the correct Steering i think. He uses the correct steering which the car has in real life. Also steering is a personal choice. I know a few drivers that use less. So not "all" of them use 540.

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 35
Bilder in P. Galerie: 2
Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 11, 2019 20:52    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Zitat:
Also, if the degrees on the steering angle are a matter of taste as workerbee says, why in real life probably all of them use 540º?

As i sad before, reality is more detailed on surface. RBR is here a little bit poor. you need pracision and control on the ruff surface in reality. light changes have much impact. so you must go compromises. In RBR we are much closer on the limit, we can reduce ffb, so the poor surface have additional more less impct to us. And at the worst, we loose a race but not our life. And again, look how much a real driver must working on the wheel and compare how much you must work for.

another reaason, you can steer complete 540° without grab over (360° with both hands and if realy need, the rest with one hand). I dont belive its makes sense to have less than 500° (for rally cars)

--------------------------
www.germangarage.de

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 11, 2019 21:44    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

pedrodfa hat folgendes geschrieben:
fiesta19 tarmac 540º

So after a couple of hours trying every kind of combination in the setup, mainly diff settings and handbrake pressure/input filters and also trying different approaches to hairpins I really feel that there´s something not right with how the car looses its rear in such an uncontrolled and unpredictable way. I don't know if its related to the central diff or the tyre model itself or whatever it might be, but it doesnt feel realistic.

So, as you get at least "some" of the hairpins right, why don't you just use the new telemetry feature to improve your driving skills ?

Maybe you can spot a difference between corners that work and those which don't !?

I have tested the DS3 WRC on our proving ground (900°, as I am too lazy to change the G25 driver settings and I hate that softlock thing).
It just requires a 1/4 flick of the steering wheel, and a quick flick of the handbrake button (digital, with my recommended filter settings), the car starts turning, you have the steering straight, applying the throttle smoothly, and the car does a clean 180 and you can accelerate out of the hairpin.
Timing is crucial.
And no, I cannot do 100% perfect handbrake turns all the time, as I do not get paid as much as Ogier. wink

jendabek
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jun 11, 2019 23:25    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I also believe that it is much easier to make a proper hairpins if you actually feel the car. This is certainly huge disadvantage for us "sim-racers" which also makes all the reality vs RBR comparison nearly impossible for me.
Anyway - is there anyone who is able to drive very technical tarmac stage like FSO Zeran and can possible record it and share? I have tried it with DS3, different setups and driving techniques, but it always ended up being quite frustrating experience biggrin ... Like driving RBR for the very first time smile It is pretty much possible I just need to adapt my driving (and I always enjoy learning new skills - no problem!), I would just like know if the limit is me and not the physics.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 12, 2019 16:10    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

New NGP 6 car available (RBRCIT/carList.ini updated):

* Subaru Impreza GC8 555 GrpA

"Feels" good.

pedrodfa
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 12, 2019 16:18    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

workerbee, "digital, with my recommended filter settings",
where can I see those settings?
Maybe that will change things,but at the moment I feel the rear keeps rotating long after I left the handbrake and with no throttle input, just doesnt feel right.

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 12, 2019 16:30    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

workerbee, "digital, with my recommended filter settings",
where can I see those settings?
Maybe that will change things,but at the moment I feel the rear keeps rotating long after I left the handbrake and with no throttle input, just doesnt feel right.

Just took the 555 for a ride.
Feels absolutely reasonable to me after pulling the handbrake, rear steps out and with a little bit of throttle the rear just slides around the corner.

If the car keeps rotating your initial angular momentum was just too high.

Settings Guide

Maybe a setup guide written by someone who does only shitty setups is not a great help.
But hey, at least I published setups and this guide. wink

anbarra
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 4

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 12, 2019 16:31    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

have you tried kicking the gas very fast to 100% (for very shirt time) to make diffs fully lock, theb release it softly and press again?
this is how i do hairpins

but on general ngp requires very less HB. on core or verte yes, akagi yes but for example sturec never, shomaru never. only in very slow and tight places or an unprofiled 180* turn.

wrcPuncture
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 12, 2019 18:02    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I made two videos with the last NGP version. My setup, but based on default. Not a clean run of course, some mistakes and crashes, but who cares.. and 540° of course

First: Fiesta on Sturec.
Although you don't need handbrake here I pull it in every hairpin because it's enjoyable and I want to show, that with some setup change you can do it very well. But it's not easy - but I like the way how I have to learn it.
https://youtu.be/aZsSXhtQ8Qs

Second: DS3 on East-West
I don't know what to say..for me it is perfect. (not my driving..the physics!smile)
https://youtu.be/hoCEtfdiQXU

Ok, I don't know what to criticize.. for me is NGP 6 more about pure driving. I enjoy every car, every surface. I'm not a setup maker, but I can feel every change I made. I have to learn a lot and it's not easy. Good job Bee!!!

Dennis Zetak
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 12, 2019 19:25    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

After some km's I must say, that every car have same issue. Steering is not reactive enough. Always trying steering degree in game * 2. Bee, you something did with that, but its not enough for me. I was thinking about it so I must ask you, if you cant make some line in setup with steering sensitivity. You did this line on handbrake, on 4th damper way and so on. Can you do something like this with steering? Its just question.

I know the main behaviour of car depends on setup, but i think, mainly problem with yours oversteering is, that wheels are sometimes not in contact with the road. I saw it from replay on hairpins, that when i spun, my front inner wheel was on air. We must solve this issue, but I think, it can be solved with setup, or Bee gives us some advice biggrin

pedrodfa
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 12, 2019 20:09    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

hours of tests...
yaris ngp5 on cote, 10 hairpins up and down perfect, normal. Fiesta19 ngp6 can't do 3 without the rear spinning. Maybe it could be the non responsive steering like Denis said.
With this steering angles something would have to change in the tyre model, something about when the traction breaks, the lateral traction.. seems to loose too much traction very easily, the jump is too big between grip and not so grippy situations. Should be more gradual and not so sudden.
People please, sturec hairpins drive themselves, its like on rails, I don't think its a good test for this situation, too easy.
There´s something fundamentally wrong with this tarmac physics. Enough said.
555 impreza same problems..

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jun 12, 2019 20:27    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

seems to loose too much traction very easily, the jump is too big between grip and not so grippy situations. Should be more gradual and not so sudden.

I can reassure you, it is very gradual.
But there is a drop-off, as in real tires.

People please, sturec hairpins drive themselves, its like on rails, I don't think its a good test for this situation, too easy.

Yeah, good argument.
Only your vidoes apply ?

Why don't you drive this exact stage with that same steering wheel settings, if it is sooo easy ?

There´s something fundamentally wrong with this tarmac physics. Enough said.

This monologue is starting to get absolutely ridiculous.
ROFL

555 impreza same problems..

What a nonsens. Drives perfectly.
The more I drive these new physics, the less I am willing to change them.

@Dennis
Nothing wrong about lifting a wheel.
Depends on the roll stiffness distribution front/rear.
Guys, I am quite disappointed, don't you even know the most basic vehicle dynamics ??? Rolling Eyes

ROMANENKO Aleksandr
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 13, 2019 01:39    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

WorkerBee hat folgendes geschrieben:

Nothing wrong about lifting a wheel.
Depends on the roll stiffness distribution front/rear.
Guys, I am quite disappointed, don't you even know the most basic vehicle dynamics ??? Rolling Eyes

I am struck by the level of argument of some comrades, who have a very weak idea of the physical processes, acting on the car in the process of movement. First you need to learn the basic laws of "Mechanics" (section "Physics") and have an idea of the transients, occurring in the suspension of the car... Yesterday's "schoolchild" are trying to prove to the profile engineer with extensive experience, that he is doing something wrong... Confused

WorkerBee, thank You for your hard work! With each new version of physics I feel more realistic car behavior. headbang I look forward to the update on the plugin!

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 13, 2019 06:12    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Thx, Alexsandr, you nailed it.

Instead of being grateful that maybe someday NGP could save your life by showing you the limits of physics, some guys try to tell us that 2+2=5 ...

rolling wheels vs. locked wheels (braking)

This vehicle also seems to slide forever and ever with locked wheels, as the "unrealistic, totally wrong" NGP does.

A racing driver would even top the braking distance compared to the ABS case, but only if he does not lock up the wheels at all (threshold braking).

The same applies to steering. More and more steering does not turn the car better.
Instead, people driving too fast on country roads end up in the trees because they try to steer more and more, in fact reducing (!) the available cornering forces.
They should have listened to The Bee saying "just ease off the throttle, put some weight on the front wheels, and you will make it". wink

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 13, 2019 09:51    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Zitat:
yaris ngp5 on cote, 10 hairpins up and down perfect, normal. Fiesta19 ngp6 can't do 3 without the rear spinning.

please dont compare NGP5 with NGP6 and take NGP5 as the real and only right one. NGP5 havn´t some new NGP6 features, Workerbee allways update his real data base and he used the experience from NGP5 to make it better on NGP6.

we talking allways about a special tamac issue for only WRC cars ?

Whats about gravel? In my opinion, gravel is realy not easy to drive (in comparation of NGP5) and i dont like the changes in relation of my future results..... but if i compare it with reality, i see some details during the car is moved in some different situation wich match realy close on reality. Some was unexpected after the first tests, for some i must change my driving style. I feel, i need learn driving a bit new.

I did few tests with tarmac and the ds3wrc and understand what you talking about that issue. But at the moment i cant catch the reason. maybe i must do something different, maybe there is a setup change needed

im not with you if you say it must work well on every tracks. You test FSO Zeran, wich defenitly needs a special setup and driving style to drive it well and fast. worst track to test. On the other side you dont accept another example because of "to easy" corner. i dont know sturec well, but i need a logical reason, why is sturec not a acceptable. its easy to say "it do not work "(without any other explaination).

you can explain your bad behavior more detailed or make a replay and upload it for all. so all can check it and understand it more (and maybe find out the reason of the problem)

www.germangarage.de

deggster
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 13, 2019 12:29    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I recently did some testing with the Ascona 400. Generally I feel the force feedback in NGP 6 with exactly the same settings is higher than in NGP5. With the Ascona though my experience was exactly the opposite. When turning into a corner my steering wheel feels almost like it is disconnected, there is hardly any ffb in comparison to the other cars I've tested (most of the AWD and Clio Williams). That makes it a lot harder to get a feeling for the cars behaviour. When switching back to NGP5 with the same car all seems to be "normal" again.
Is there an explanation for that? Is that intentional or can this be considered as a bug?

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jun 13, 2019 21:19    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

As I have added lots of new features in the past two years of development I was finally able to get rid of some compromises I had to make in previous NGP versions.

I have reworked all suspension geometries, so there are some changes in wheel base, track width, inertias, caster, camber stuff etc., so ultimately in FFB, too.

The Ascona 400 is one of my favorites, and actually acts as one of our reference testing cars.
Definitely this car's behavior is as intended. smile

jendabek
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jun 14, 2019 18:33    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Bee, I have question about the engine sound - it seems like it doesn't incorporate "no load" samples, or very quietly.
Compare this one engine sound in NGP 6:
https://youtu.be/OX0Xd2OKvs0?t=116

with NGP 5:
https://youtu.be/67Ob5xYterk?t=465

Do you think you could fix it or suggest some workaround? As that silence after releasing the pedal sounds weird smile

Or maybe I just messed up some audio.ini / cars.ini settings (but I haven't change anything after switching from NGP 5 to 6)

Thanks!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 15, 2019 10:00    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Jan, indeed the handling of the engine sounds has been changed in NGP 6.

Previous releases did not care about the actual engine load and torque and that stuff.
Instead, the original RBR engine with the hardcoded 2 liter / 500 Nm / 300 hp has been used to actually "render" the sound.

In NGP 6 the engine has the real capacity, compression ratio etc.
So it has to sound "different".

As this is a matter of taste (personally I have no problems with the sound, you can still clearly hear the engine when off throttle), you may want to use the built-in engine equalizer.
You could increase the volume of each frequency as desired (load/non-load).
Just give it a try. wink

Fun fact: as I wanted to use the original engine when starting NGP 6 development, I soon had to realize that RBR actually uses kind of an air pump with integrated enthalpy generator to produce the engine torque. Actually it does not burn the fuel, so increasing the capacity or injected fuel does not increase the power. sad
Same applies to the idle handling, or better say, close to idle handling. The engine is just too weak in the lower revs, as it would require later ignition and more fuel.
Although the turbo uses real world turbine/compressor mappings, it still is only an additional air pump, increasing the air pressure used.
Quite a disappointment to be honest, so I had to stick to my already perfectly working engine implementation.
But I have enhanced the RBR engine to consume the appropriate amount of fuel for heat and temperature management.

anbarra
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 4

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 15, 2019 13:02    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

So maybe its time for a new class in RBR ? biggrin

https://www.strasburgrailroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Hero_Thomas_X15a-600x280.jpg

wrcPuncture
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 15, 2019 17:17    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I made some new videos.. it is just testing so don't care about mistakes and crashes..

Fiesta WRC - Haguenau
my setup, not perfect but suits to my style, there is a huge potential for a great setup. For those who complain about "rear spinning" - focus on hairpins, I didn't notice a problem
https://youtu.be/YM3WLRfHQ9o

Clio Williams - Uhorna (just part of the stage)
default, I don't know what to say, but I really enjoyed this car. Great feeling, so fun to drive. Only one thing I'm curious about - hairpins. Handbrake or not? What a dilema. But we are still offline, so handbrake in most time smile)))
https://youtu.be/ySRRmu4H-pg

Ascona 400 - Sturec snow
oh...uf.. took me back to "LFS years". Few years ago I didn't like rwd cars in rbr, but this! Specially with H shifter it is significant experience. This is pure driving for me. Fighting in every corner, really hard but still driveable. I didn't expect that something like this would be possible in RBR. Great stability in oversteer, you must be precise and know how to drive rwd car.
https://youtu.be/myBVOnJAMGc

I also tried Impreza 555, but I haven't done video yet. I noticed "unfunction" of handbrake when lock the centre diff - what a detail! smile

But what I really love and appreciate is difference between cars. Every car I tested feels great but every car in another way. After few kms it is easy to spot car behaviour and choose the right (or your preferred) driving style. But is is hard to go really fast and set a good time without mistakes.

criticism (?) - I tested also Fabia R5. I don't know why, but this car (or whole R5 class) is boring for me. Engine feels dull, car is like sterile and clean. Weak car and quite big grip. But I know..maybe I desribed the real R5 cars. I believe that physic is ok, but I just don't like this class - my problem smile

I'm looking forward to another cars. But, oh.. wait..first I have to learn how to control the Ascona biggrin

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 15, 2019 19:26    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Please compare the fiesta WRC between the DS3 WRC

in my opinion it makes no sense to compare different cars on different tracks. Trackmakers have some opinion to make tracks different. There some physic options, which can mixed/changed aprox every 10cm (with standard mesh and standard texture mapping (dont know how detailed/sised these track mapped, you be able to be more detailed if you want).

you need to be comperable

I can confirm your test with wrc, but try the DS3WRC too and compare

would be nice if you can published your setup (or replay, where can extracted the setup)

www.germangarage.de

wrcPuncture
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jun 15, 2019 19:48    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Of course I'm comparing every car on same stages, same weather etc. The videos are just for fun, not for comparison between these cars.
So in my private tests I'm comparable. On videos not.
But you are right, maybe videos on same stage will be more beneficial.

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Weiter
Seite 9 von 14

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Cobalt 2.0 phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright © 2002-2004 Jakob Persson

Modifieds: 2004-2006 by Adi