German Virtual Racers Community Portal
German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht

NGP Force Feedback Issue

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
DuncanD
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

Bilder im Album: 0

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo März 07, 2016 22:45    Titel: NGP Force Feedback Issue Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hi,

First of all thanks for all your work to keep RBR alive - I have been playing since the day it was released and still nothing beats it smile

I have a problem with force feedback on the NGP physics which I hope someone can help with.

When using NGP physics it feels like there is a centering force or resistance/damping force which makes it harder to feel what the car is doing and to apply opposite lock.

I am using a clean install of RBR (i.e. no RSRBR or CZ plugin etc.) and a Logitech G25 with the following settings in logitech profiler/game controllers:

Overall Effects: 101%
Spring Effect: 0%
Damper Effect: 0%

Enable Centering Spring: No
Centering Spring: 0%

Degrees of Rotation: 540

Allow game to adjust settings: Yes/No (I have tried both)

I have tried with adaptive FFB turned on and off and it still feels wrong and heavy or dampened.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or been able to solve it?

If there was an option to use 'standard' FFB (i.e. like the original physics) but with the NGP physics that would be perfect.

Thanks

Duncan

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album
Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 35
Bilder in P. Galerie: 2
Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 08, 2016 01:18    Titel: NGP Force Feedback Issue Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

the force of FFB is calculated by tire force of the front wheels. You compare the original glue grip with NGP. tyre force (grip) is much lower on NGP than original Physic, so you have less force.
there some other kind of differences like suspension geometry. this generate generaly a different FFB

i take all wheel (at your wheel driver) effects off, this are only added by your wheel and gives not the real feeling back (not calculated from game).

as i read your word, i think you hget something like a active spring effect or center wheel effects.

--------------------------
www.germangarage.de

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 29
Bilder in P. Galerie: 27
WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 08, 2016 07:33    Titel: NGP Force Feedback Issue Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Duncan,

basically your profiler settings seem ok.
All effects off, force 100%.
Just make sure to allow the game to overwrite settings.

Have you checked your ingame settings ?
Maybe you have set some filter values for the axes ?

NGP as well as original RBR have no damping or centering force as long as there are no tyre forces, as Lamda has already mentioned.

Basically the force feedback in NGP is very accurate, as I had to implement a "fix" for small but nasty oscillations of high quality direct drive wheels in my FixUp plugin (see readme for details).

Maybe you could try this option, but I doubt that using a deadzone with a G25 is a good idea anyway.

Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave
----------------------------------------
In the end, the universe will be all alone.

BigHorst
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 08, 2016 12:09    Titel: NGP Force Feedback Issue Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

@Duncan:

Ist this a problem you have from the beginning of using NGP Physics or after a while?

Don't turn on "Overall Effects: 101%"

there must be some slider, which says something like "let the application set the ffb" that's all you need.

I had always set the FFb strength to something like 120% with my G27

NGP physics are pretty different to the vanilla RBR physics - it need some time to get used to them.

I'm using a DD-servo wheel with a Lenze engine, there are no problems at all with NGP-FFB.
Neither having any problems with oscillations of the wheel, don't have to use any new settings of the fixup plugin.
So i think NGP should work fine for you and your G25.

DuncanD
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 09, 2016 15:51    Titel: NGP Force Feedback Issue Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Thank you for your help

@BigHorst, problem is there from the beginning.

@Lambda, yes all 'wheel effects' are disabled

@WorkerBee, I will double check the filter settings but I'm pretty sure they are disabled too becuase 'vanilla' RBR force feedback feels great.

Perhaps I just need to get used to the NGP force feedback and maybe actually try increasing the overall strength, because it seems I can feel much less through the wheel than in 'vanilla' RBR, which could be explained by the tire forces being reduced.

I had another quick question perhaps you could help with -> I tested the Evo X N4 and noticed maximum steering lock in the setup menu is 540 degrees, but I understand that in real life N4 cars have 610+ degrees of wheel lock, to get the best experience with this car should I leave the Logitech profiler set at 540 to match the ingame setting or increase it to 610?

Thanks!

Duncan

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 35
Bilder in P. Galerie: 2
Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi März 09, 2016 16:25    Titel: NGP Force Feedback Issue Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Zitat:
maximum steering lock
this option in RBR is maximum tyre angle and not for your wheel. wheel angle (maximum lock) is only set in your wheel driver

--------------------------
www.germangarage.de

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Cobalt 2.0 phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright © 2002-2004 Jakob Persson

Modifieds: 2004-2006 by Adi