German Virtual Racers Community Portal
German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht

International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
_Viktor_
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 123
Bilder in P. Galerie: 61
_Viktor_'s P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Di März 11, 2014 20:48    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

As this plugin is not only for us Krauts to have more fun with RBR, this should be a place for international discussion, feedback and support. I will do my best to support foreign users here.

Please, try to write in English as common language, but other languages are fine for me, too. I do understand less good French. But for most other languages I have to rely on Google Translator. To help me to understand you better, please use simple sentences, no slang and write with proper spelling. That helps a lot! (Damn, my sentences are always too long... Embarassed)

Since about summer 2012 work started in the highly secured WorkerBee Laboratory dev section for bleeding edge new technology.

As the project team doesn't like to bother the public with alpha or beta releases, it took its time to mature to a state that we are happy to release to you.

NGP offers completely revised physics and more for RBR (see the supplied ReadMe files in the archives for more details):

* optimized tyre parameters
* optimized surface materials
* bugfix for center diff handbrake release and left-foot braking threshold (now the setup values are actually used)
* bugfix for some calculations of drive shafts
* rear wheel drive RWD with mechanical differentials
* front wheel drive FWD with mechanical differentials
* new differential (Salisbury type with adjustable preload, throttle and brake lock)
* new motor (arbitrary torque curves possible) with better drag torque
* torque split front/rear all wheel drive AWD
* no-center diff all wheel drive (center spool AWD)

To activate this plugin, get all the stuff required from our download thread:

Next Generation Physics - Downloads

Simply copy the whole content of the plugin archive into the RBR installation folder.

With the plugin installed every car drives normally, except that new tyre and surface physics are active. Take your time to settle with the new physics. It's worth it!

To show the full potential of the Next Generation Physics, we have created some new dedicated cars to demonstrate the technical possibilities of the NGP plugin (see download thread).

We offer FWD, RWD and AWD cars.

To install the car models and proper car physics you can use the VDRMInstaller tool, do it manually or use your tool which you are familiar with. We suggest to use a copy of your RBR to test NGP, but it is not strictly necessary as no vital files, bits and bytes are harmed by NGP. smile

We recommend additionally to install some nice car sounds:

Car Sounds

Especially with the RWD it is important to hear the current power of the engine, because in RBR we don't have the butt sensor...

Needless to say that WorkerBee Laboratory has developed and verified this physics with access to full internal telemetry, exposing an amount of data even Formula One teams can dream of. Of course a lot of test driving was necessary, too.

That means technical basic data like wheelbase, track width, weight distribution, power etc. correspond, as much as possible, with the original real cars. Only in exceptional cases we had to make compromises because of optics (suboptimal vehicle models).

Have as much fun as we have with it and please give us some feedback here.

The head of WorkerBee Laboratory, Uncle Günni, likes to give special thanks to his project team mates Lamda and Viktor. These tireless drones supported the project without which it surely couldn't have been realized to the current state of art. We have never intended to release some intermediate crap just to remain in discussion.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album
Walter
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

Bilder im Album: 0

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 13, 2014 21:44    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I tried the physics, it was an interesting experience...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJlW3Xw_pUI

Quertr[GTR-R]
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 4

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 13, 2014 22:22    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

"That's german Physics for you"
And here, the Kindergarden goes on.
You can rape it as long as you want, start a shitstorm and post another 100 of pathetic attempts to make it look bad. The people nonetheless will test both and then deside what they like better wink

I bet not a single member of the PhysicsNG-Team will post videos with mistakes when they find some in your work and write things like "Thats Walter's Physics for you".
Btw. I don't think they find mistakes in your work because they are absolutely not interrested in your work or to compete with you.

Grow up...

Klicke auf das Bild um das Bild in der Originalgröße zu öffnen.

YOUTUBE

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Quertr[GTR-R] am Do März 13, 2014 22:34, insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Persönliches Foto Album ICQ-Nummer
Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 35
Bilder in P. Galerie: 2
Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 13, 2014 22:32    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Please upload your replay i drove thousens of km with the ascona, never had such problem.

you are sure you have not running some other kind of your hacks in backround?

Lamda

--------------------------
www.germangarage.de

Walter
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 13, 2014 22:59    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Ok, here is the replay.

I was running a clean install of RBR which I made just for the test, definitely no hacks.

What I see is rear right wheel goes into ground, car jumps into air, front wheels somehow start spinning despite being unpowered, car lands on roof.

It seems you must have messed something up when you were rewiring RWD wheels.

_Viktor_
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

_Viktor_'s P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 13, 2014 23:02    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I have expected better critics from you than this.

Just to make sure, because the car seems to hit something, bumps and the flip is pretty weird indeed.

1. Did you use a "clean" RBR and installed PhysicsNG on top of it without any other traces of your stuff? You should know how to do that. (Oops, Lamda was faster...)

2. Did you change the car's setup or was it the default setup?

3. How long have you been test driving with PhysicsNG (a few minutes, half an hour or even longer)? Just curious...

Change from "normal" RBR physics to NGP takes some time to accomodate to it (at least for me).

_Viktor_
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

_Viktor_'s P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 13, 2014 23:10    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Before the flip the car accelerates to the front, front wheels are already spinning and continue to spin after landing on the roof. Front wheels are not powered in the RWD.

But we can check this with telemetry...

I posted while you sent your post, so I didn't see your answer at first.

Walter
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do März 13, 2014 23:31    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I drove few stages before with Peugeot 205, then switched to Ascona (default setup) and this happened.

I replicated the issue on my testing track - when I use handbrake, weird things happen...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU1cXL0uddI

_Viktor_
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

_Viktor_'s P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 14, 2014 00:08    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

This looks very very strange. I will try to reproduce...

Your accident on Joux plane looks in the slow motion more like a problem with the ground mesh. At first I can't see a reason why the handbrake could induce such a behavior. At least one can see that the handbrake is working properly and it locks nicely the rear wheels. smile

Don't mind I had our team skin for the Ascona...

See your accident in more detail... (link corrected...)

We never experienced such a behaviour with the handbrake, not in the dev team, not here in the board with current public test.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von _Viktor_ am Fr März 14, 2014 01:17, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet

LaTeX
VDRM/GVRC-Moderator
VDRM/GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 118
Bilder in P. Galerie: 20
LaTeX's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 14, 2014 00:28    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Viktor you linked to the edit version of the video. Nobody can watch it this way.

Here the correct one

Zuletzt bearbeitet von LaTeX am Fr März 14, 2014 08:44, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Persönliches Foto Album
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 29
Bilder in P. Galerie: 27
WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 14, 2014 06:29    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

_Viktor_ hat folgendes geschrieben:
This looks very very strange. I will try to reproduce...

Your accident on Joux plane looks in the slow motion more like a problem with the ground mesh. At first I can't see a reason why the handbrake could induce such a behavior. At least one can see that the handbrake is working properly and it locks nicely the rear wheels. smile

Don't mind I had our team skin for the Ascona...

See your accident in more detail... (link corrected...)

We never experienced such a behaviour with the handbrake, not in the dev team, not here in the board with current public test.

Nice slow motion.

Looks like the right rear wheel drops into something in the ground mesh which makes the car actually flip.

The NGP car's have a much higher center of gravity and a narrower track width than all the older cars, so flipping the car when it hits a huge bump is just normal, like in real life.

JaPan
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 14, 2014 08:10    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Zitat:
The NGP car's have a much higher center of gravity and a narrower track width than all the older cars, so flipping the car when it hits a huge bump is just normal, like in real life.

It makes me laugh loud smile .... it isn't so long ago when Walter told the same thing about our physics, and you just replied that our center of gravity is too high, and now you make the same smile. Ok, good, you just coming to reality ...

Again lol WorkerBee - as you can see, I commenting your physics and between lines asking what lead you to that change of opinion, higher center of gravity is now right, and before wasn't ....

Zuletzt bearbeitet von JaPan am Fr März 14, 2014 08:48, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album ICQ-Nummer
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 14, 2014 08:41    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

JaPan hat folgendes geschrieben:
It makes me laugh loud smile .... it isn't so long ago when Walter told the same thing about our physics, and you just replied that our center of gravity is too high, and now you make the same smile. Ok, good, you just coming to reality ...

Well, this is a discussion about the Next Generation Physics.

Your comment is off-topic.

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 14, 2014 12:36    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Well, JaPan/Walter we decide in 2012 to left such discussions on this level and we never comment your work on CZ or Facebook (we had reasons enough to did).
Your choice: accept the NGP release and help to finish it for better RBR or leave and shut up (as we did).

For all other guys, please tell us if you have similar effects. I can´t reproduce it and had never such car behavior As long it is only a single problem, we assumed that reson is unlucky RBR reaction (of collision mesh) and/or somthing is wrong on the RBR or NGP installation of Walter.

www.germangarage.de

JaPan
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 14, 2014 14:25    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Well Lamda, I always prayed for cooperation between us. But it could be good (especially for Walter mood) to say ... ok guys, you was right maybe at last in some cases. Walter worked on physics very hard and I still believe, that sharing knowledges between you and us could greatly help our case.

Just small example - last year on Barum Rally 2013 we was in service area of Kresta Racing, measuring everything on their Fabias. Then I went in that Fabia with Jaromir Tarabus on one of track of that rally. After that I took RBR, and tested Fabia with data of those measurings. After about half year of testing, cooperating with one finnish guy, which is close to Mikko Hirvonnen we made I think very good physics.

Jaromir Tarabus tested it before two weeks and he said its really very close to reality.

Its clear to me, you worked also really hard on that. But ... as you wrote - isnt it now good time to hand over all evil spoked in the past and cooperate ?? I will test everything you posted here, but I think even your work could have some updates, or enhancement. Dont you think ?

Please - take also our last effort, and test it ( Latest Walter physics - there is Fabia, Fiesta, Lancer and Fiat Abarth 131 )

And also - please, can you make some of these cars (Fiesta, Fabia, Lancer) with your NGP just to make comparison?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album ICQ-Nummer
JaPan
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 14, 2014 14:45    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Just one more question - you say Tyre and Surface parameters are optimized. Can you say how, and where ? You are using original physics files (tyres.lsp and physics.lsp) and altering it by NGP plugin ?

Can you say how are these parameters optimized ? In past you criticized Walter hack, as you cannot "see" what this hack is doing behind, but now it is I think same case. At last - we altered also directly these files, so you could compare it and see differences.

Could you please provide us with knowledge what was changed, or what is changed by plugin and how?

Thanks

anbarra
Race Champion
Race Champion

Bilder im Album: 3

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 14, 2014 15:10    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Walter/JaPaN: i tested the last version, but i cant believe that Tarabus could say these physics are real... or at least he must have been only driving straight and reversing.
Steering is a disaster, tyres are disaster. Even though my first impression was "wow, good job". Then i watched replays and what i saw: at 30kmh the tyres cant follow the steering line! There is so much understeer, and so very very too much kinetic force that it just doesnt feel real. I mean just comparing the movements of steering wheel from rally onboards to your mod: the difference is clear.

Thats my point. Im not a physics scientist, but i can imagine what is logical and what could be a fairytaile

JaPan
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 14, 2014 15:28    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I didnt wanted to discuss our physics here. I appreciate your answer, but please, answer it to right topic here Walter physics forum.

JaPan
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr März 14, 2014 22:14    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I've just briefly tested your cars, so just few hints:

- low RPMs on start - you have inspired in Walter physics or not ? smile
- VW Golf has serious problems with engine stalling when going to full brakes and gearing down, especially on first gear. I tested in on Sosnová and had problems maybe in every hairpin.
- your physics behaves good with RWDs on gravel part of Sosnova, maybe slightly better than Walter's, but as mentioned Anbarra - reaction to steering is I think worse then default physics maybe because of lower tyres adhesion.
- and as expected, I had no problems with handbrake. Only BMW had something like that. When I tested it on Sosnova, when I tryied to stay on handbrake, there was some abrupts in wheel feedback, like Walters problem, and again after some path in slide. So I think, maybe you have some hidden problem, which one cannot see in normal situation.
- I dont know these cars well, but I think they have maybe too fast acceleration, maybe too powerful engines - do you have some measurings of real power of your engines in game etc. ? (real game power on wheels compared to engine power etc.) - please provide us with informations.

Finally - all your cars are historic (expect 911), so I cannot compare it to cars which I know better. Please make some contemporary car - Fabia, Lancer, Fiesta WRC or something like that.

Walter
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 15, 2014 09:00    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgnQBuaZt5k

I replicated the issue on Joux Plane and this time I added Gauger to plugins.

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 15, 2014 13:49    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

That indeed is funny.

Looks like you permanently hit some kind of resonance frequency of the drive train all the time by stepping like mad onto your pedals.
Anyway thanks for discovering and reporting this issue.

We will of course try to reproduce this minor issue in our laboratory and eventually incorporate a fix for this in one of the upcoming updates of the NGP plugin.

But, as besides that everything works fine, we could still enjoy the Next Generation Physics.

_Viktor_
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

_Viktor_'s P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 15, 2014 16:22    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

@JaPan
You have to be pretty early on the clutch for this weaker motor of the Golf. If "full brakes" means you are near to lock the front wheels then the engine is likely to stall if you don't disengage it with the clutch.
I think the observed behavior is not so surprising because brake balance is usually toward the front and especially in first gear the total transmission ratio makes is worse for the motor with hard braking wheels if the clutch doesn't jump between.

@Walter
Yes, funny, but what is the purpose of cycling three times in a second from full clutch and full handbrake to both fully off while maintaining full throttle? As WorkerBee said, we'll have a look at it. But it is quite an artificially constructed abuse of the car where I don't see a necessity for any RBR driver to do it in normal driving.
Maybe I don't see the point...

Walter
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 15, 2014 18:16    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

The handbrake already goes crazy the first time I use it. You can see it in the replay or I can make a video showing it.

JaPan
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 15, 2014 18:32    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

In fact, I could not simulate such behavior as Walter said. And about Golf - hey Viktor, I'm not novice even in real driving. But ... I have Logitech DFP, so I cannot use clutch here, I must rely on automatic one. And this problem wasnt with any of old physics, even with P105, which is very weak. We had this problem also, and as I remember, it was something about stronger engine brake etc. So please .... focus on it on some weaker cars.

But ... I had some questions about NGP and no one was answered. Please ...

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 15, 2014 21:31    Titel: International NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Zitat:
Please make some contemporary car - Fabia, Lancer, Fiesta WRC or something like that

Send us all needed technical data and you can get every car you want.

www.germangarage.de

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Weiter
Seite 1 von 24

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Cobalt 2.0 phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright © 2002-2004 Jakob Persson

Modifieds: 2004-2006 by Adi