German Virtual Racers Community Portal
German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht

Help me with training day plugin

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Technische Hilfestellung
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

Bilder im Album: 0

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 13, 2020 07:40    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hi, can you Workerbee tell me how to compleatly disable all form of car damage in trainingday plugin, i only drive RBR for the fun of driving rally in an (becouse of your NGP physics) exelent rally simulator, and love to go fast : ) and only off line. But its so extremely frustrating to start stage all over all the time when i got the car damaged : (

I have car damage OFF in traningday plugin but it dosent work?
its ON any way? so please Workerbee, help me! ho can i turn cardamage OFF compleatly!

Thanks in advance.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Hellracer am Mi Mai 13, 2020 18:44, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album
_Viktor_
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 123
Bilder in P. Galerie: 61
_Viktor_'s P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 13, 2020 09:01    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hälsningar, man från norr! (Nej, jag talar inte svenska)

Regarding "no damage at all to the car" in TrainingDay plugin, I can't tell right now as I hardly have a working RBR setup at the moment. Maybe someone else can jump in here.

Some of your answers have been already answered in the past, e.g. here in Logitech profiler settings?

While I have the G25, your G27 doesn't differ so much. For a driving wheel you don't need any filter settings in RBR. I wouldn't know why as you want your input by the wheel to be recognized by RBR just as is. No artificial forces should be applied by the Logitech profiler, you want plain force feedback solely by RBR.

Maybe I will come back later with more details, now home office is calling.

Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 13, 2020 09:50    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Ok, but i hope workerbee or sombody can tell me how to turn off car damage in trainingday plugin....

_Viktor_
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

_Viktor_'s P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 13, 2020 14:20    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

As I can't easily test it at the moment, I'll ask here in German language if someone can help or share knowledge.

Kann jemand bitte testen, ob sich mit aktuellen Plugins (Fixup, Trainingday, NGP6) in Trainingday der Fahrzeugschaden komplett deaktivieren lässt und auch so bleibt, wenn man wie vom Teufel geritten fährt, ohne Rücksicht auf's Material und Auto?
That is roughly: Can someone here test if with current plugins (...) the car damage can be completely turned off in TrainingDay and stays OFF, even if you drive like mad and without respect to your car. (No offense, @Hellracer!)

Exactly which plugins do you use in your RBR? I would assume you have the current versions of Fixup, Trainingday and which NGP, v5 or v6?
List everything with the exact version of it! (By the way, always a good idea to share your current setup when you have a technical and/or software issue.)

From the Beginner's Guide I found this:
* Remove or rename PC-InputFilter.ini within RBR folder
* In file RichardBurnsRally.ini remove the line with "ConstantForceMultiplier"
* In RBR's Options > Controls > Filter setting (or similarly) use the following recommended setup:
Klicke auf das Bild um das Bild in der Originalgröße zu öffnen.

My G25 is setup to use a lock to lock of 540°, so that I can go lock to lock without a grip change and without entangling my arms, only some shoulder compensation required. Everybody has to find his own preference, I don't judge here.

Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 13, 2020 18:18    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Thanks again for trying to help me, her is all my settings and hardware.
PC:
CPU: i5 3570k running at 3.99 GHz
GPU: RTX 2060 6 GB
RAM: 16 GB 1600 mhz
PSU: 620 Watt
HDD: 500 GB SSD
MOBO: Gigabyte
Monitor: 144 Hz G sync
Running RBR in 4K at silkes smooth 143 FPS, all grafik settings in nVidia controll panal att max, as well as in RBR grafic settings, have that on HIGH and reflections ON, so i have to say it looks preety god : )

And i run NGP 6 (Latest build). as well as Latest Fixup.
Vsynk on in fixup.ini and FFB buffer at 0, so the FFB is super nise ! And now i also use the new sound mod, for R5 cars at the moment.
All in game filter settings off, and what i understand is this the most "sim" like settings.

My settings in Logitech Profiler is:
Overall effect strength 107
Spring..... 0
Damper..... 0
centerspring: Unchecked
And Steering rotation at: 540 degrees

Thare you have it : )

Forgot to mention that i since the beginning of my RBR "addiktion" i have no longer PC-InputFilter.ini or the ConstantForceMultiplier, both gon.
If i just could find a way to turn of car damege in Trainingday plugin, other then that i gess my RBR runs as god as it can be.

The strange thing is that in Trayningday pluggin menu settings, i have car damage set to OFF, but some of it is still on, (and not only visual)
I think maby a bug in the plugin. Hopfully workerbee can fix this or guide me how to fix it my self.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Hellracer am Fr Mai 15, 2020 09:06, insgesamt 7-mal bearbeitet

Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 13, 2020 18:34    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Workerbee Help me! or someone who knows the answer to this mystery...

LaTeX
VDRM/GVRC-Moderator
VDRM/GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 139
Bilder in P. Galerie: 20
LaTeX's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 13, 2020 19:50    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hellracer hat folgendes geschrieben:
Workerbee Help me! or someone who knows the answer to this mystery...

To be honest i am pretty sure you are just confused by a RBR mechanic:

You can turn off the damage of the car (how the car behaves), you can not turn off the optical damage.
Just tried it to be sure. It is with Training Day Plugin the same as with all other plugins on original RBR.
Car Damage is off, Optical Damage is on.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Persönliches Foto Album
Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Mai 13, 2020 20:11    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Unfortunetly is it not only visual, olso stering becomes fucked up when i drive in to something, it ruins wheel angels compleatly and to go in a strait line i have to hold my steering wheel 15-20 (sometimes more, depends of the crach) degrees from center. So im 100% sure its not only visual damage going on : (

It looks like i have to convins you guys with a video, whare i show you , CAR DAMAGE OFF, and how the car behaves after eaven the mildest hit with somthing makes the car physics fucked up.

Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 14, 2020 09:15    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Pleas se until the end of the video, at the beginning of the video I just drive to get to a god straight line and a place to crash.
(know i loaded wrong tire, but same happen with tarmac tires)

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXJk4a8r2Zs&feature=youtu.be

After I run into the side bar for the second time (2.55 in to the video)after that at 4.08 notice that when I pusch the throttle (not holding the wheel now) the car pulls a lot to the left and when I brake the steering wheel rotate at full speed to the right. att 4.40 ju can allso se that to go strait forward the wheel is not att the center any more, so its clear that something has happend to the steering when i run in to the fens.
As i said so am i not holding the steering wheel to make it clear how the car is pulling.

Hope this is enough to to convince you that it is not me who imagines this, as you saw at the beginning of the video, I turn off car damage, an its still on, NOT ONLY VISUAL damage!

I wish Workerbee could answer as it is he who is behind the Trainingday plugin and should be able to guess what may be behind this.
Worth mentioning is that in the plugin folder I only have NGP, RBR Rx,Trainingday, Fixup and AudioFmod plugin.

_Viktor_
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

_Viktor_'s P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 14, 2020 18:59    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I watched the video and am not convinced that something is wrong but frankly I am no expert in video analysis. A bit surprising is that your motor sound dies almost off in hairpins. Not sure why, but not the issue to discuss here.

If your steering is ever so slightly off middle and you don't hold the steering wheel and brake, the ground surface also might not be totally flat, what else do you expect to happen? Braking and friction forces acting on the wheels will propagate to the steering rig and finally will make the steering wheel turn in one direction or the other. To me this is not unusual and unexpected.

Anyway, a simple test you can do:
Take a stage where you can accelerate to a high speed, do that and hit a tree, obstacle or whatever will break your car. Rigid stuff like big rocks, walls or big trees work best... take one of the original France tarmac tracks e.g.
You will find a lot to slam into.

If you hit something really hard with more than 100km/h (or even at topspeed) then with damage ON your car is broken. Motor, gearbox, cooling, suspension and whatever else is kaputt. Car is dead for sure.

With damage OFF you will see optical damage, but you should still be able to restart the motor and continue. Steering should be as if nothing happens, I would assume (I don't drive with damage off because I want to learn from mistakes, even if it's painful).

Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 14, 2020 19:34    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

i can't believe how you can think i imagine this, that makes me a little bit pisst of if i should tell you the truth.
How the FFB feels after a hitt is somthin i can not of course by natural reason not convey through the video, but i can tell you this, the wheel pulls HARD in the direction of the side of the hit.
But believe what you want.
I have had a driver's license for 40 years and run sim racing for over 10 years so I know what i am talking about.
My englich on the other hand isnt the best sad

An ansver from sombody with some substans wold be grate !
Othervise dont ansver at all, please.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Hellracer am Do Mai 14, 2020 19:38, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet

LaTeX
VDRM/GVRC-Moderator
VDRM/GVRC-Moderator

LaTeX's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 14, 2020 19:37    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

It is easier if you open the car damage list. So every can see what is damaged.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Persönliches Foto Album
Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Mai 14, 2020 19:40    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Car damage list, whare can i find that? Found it smile
I always fix all cardamege with one klick and i am only intrested in driving.

Update: Tested the rbr czech plugin, and no problem thare, it didnt matter how hard i hit somthing car steering felt perfectly fin
with car damage off.
So it seams that it is somthin wrong with Training day plugin, and i have download it ons more from Race department, the
training day thred the latest version, just if thare was somthing wrong with mine but the same ting with the newly downloaded one fortunetly.

I apparently have no choice but to make a new video, (with a camera) filmed from the outside, so to speak. Then you should see that this isnt something I imagine, it will become extremely obvious to you when you see my steering wheel and how it behaves. Should then also film exactly the same type of coalition in the Czech plugin, with car damage OFF.

The reason I ask for help here is because, i happen to like Training day plugin (besides the damn car damage off not fully working) bug, otherwise the easyest would be to just switch to czech.
I'm not saying that i know what is causing the problem, but since the problem disappears when i change to czech plugin it is obvious that it has something to do with Workerbees Training day plugin.

I might have ben naive when I expected to be taken seriously here, and could not believe in my wildest imagination that anyone would think that I imagine this....? !

Of course you know nothing about me, but for your information, i am 57 years old and grew up in the country where I bought my first car when I was 15 years old. Out in the countryside there were many fun gravel roads and not any police officers smile
It was my interest to go fast and sideways and it still is after 42 years, i just love to drive fast on narrow gravel roads.
But since I am afraid of both life and driving license, Simracing has become the obvious choice and i have been doing this for about 14 years, and have driven many different car games/sims but stuck mostly to RBR.
So TRUST me, i know when somethin isnt right With the handeling of the car.

See me take on ouninpohja max atack, but excuse the bad quality. link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ2r4c7Rg4Q

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Hellracer am Fr Mai 15, 2020 08:55, insgesamt 5-mal bearbeitet

_Viktor_
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

_Viktor_'s P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 15, 2020 07:11    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

i can't believe how you can think i imagine this, that makes me a little bit pisst of if i should tell you the truth.
Did I say you imagined something? It seems to me, we missunderstood each other. Can happen, no big deal, calm down.

I have had a driver's license for 40 years and run sim racing for over 10 years so I know what i am talking about.
My englich on the other hand isnt the best sad

An ansver from sombody with some substans wold be grate !
Othervise dont ansver at all, please.
Your English is OK for me, we all have fight our language barriers as good as we can.
You are probably two years wiser than me. How about a style of discussion with a little more dignity and respect? We are grown-ups, aren't we!

If you found a bug in TrainingDay plugin, post it better in a TrainingDay discussion thread.

Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 15, 2020 08:28    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

No, that was ment for Latex, he dosent think im kapeble of knowing this unfortunately.

O sorry, my mistake, i mixed up you too,
i just want to be taken seriesly and thats it, and get to the botten of tihs, and then have fun with the exelent Rally sim RBR has becom.

Ok Viktor, i will se if i can found the thred, im not us to this so i do my best smile

And sorry for me owerreacting, just a little bit sensitive if i feel people not taken me seriously, sick of it to be honest.
That has been an ongoing thing my hole life unfortunately, 1.70 lång, thin, not beein the one you hear a mile away, so yes thats a weak spoot for me. But I do my very best to handle it thow.
Sorry again, and thanks both of you for trying to help me smile

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 37
Bilder in P. Galerie: 2
Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 15, 2020 10:29    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Which plugins/tools did you installed? This question is only for excluding some cross effects.

Only Workerbee himself can check if the trainingday plugin have a bug. We can only help to exclude all possibilitys around.
unfortunaly Workerbee wasnt online since april the 22, so nobody know if you get direct support next time.....

one question, why you dont drive with cz plugin?

Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 15, 2020 11:18    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Thanks for responding,
1: i have fixup, phasenote, NGP 6, RBR RX and Training day in the plugin folder. I will remove all exept training day as en expriment as you suggested just to se if thare is any cross effect going on.

2: I just like the simplisety of training day and that the tracks list is shown in alphabetical order, witch is not the case in czech plugin a bit annoying i think.

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 15, 2020 12:54    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

1. these plugins should have no effect for your issue, it is the standard pool for RBR driver

2. CZ Plugin order the tracks by the order of tracks.ini. you can change it as you like. i made a Tracks.ini ordered by track id and also renamed it (so track id is include)

look here
you have only add and change all newer tracks (file is made in june 2019)

Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 15, 2020 13:47    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Ok,god to know. I have now tested with only Fixup, NGP and Training day and same thing. And recreated it twice and got the same result, proof in the two videos in the damage log.

In the videos you can clearly se Damage OFF and still Damper mout damage SEVERE in both cases. So conclution, must be that not all of the (more crucial damage) is turned off after all.

I dont know if the info in the damage log list is of any value when damage is set to off, but according to LATEX it seems to be so. But at the same time it should probably not cause any serious damage to the suspension when set to off, as it obviously did in these cases.

It is possible that more severe damage would have occurred if I continued to crash the car but I gave up when I felt the steering was broken

This is why the car is hoples to drive after searten hits/craches, diddent know earlier about the damage log, thats why i havent looked thare earlyer. Sorry again naja
Thanks Latex for informing me about that.

I drive as if I were drunk in the video, but the purpose is offcourse to cause damage to the car

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn__DUXNXvY

Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJZBfXAvaVA

Hope this is enough to convince the sceptics smile

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Hellracer am Fr Mai 15, 2020 14:54, insgesamt 3-mal bearbeitet

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 15, 2020 14:49    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

one more idea:

You have installed "pacenoteplugin" too?

in menue of it, you can found the option "show damage" (or something simlar). it should show you the damage of some parts. It would interesting if it show also your steering damage issue ( would be the hint if it is a probleme of trainingday "damage of switch" or a miscalculation of something.)

the other question, it is allways a problem or only if start a new session with damage off after you drove a session with damage on (i remember some "memory" effects with damage in different plugins in past )

Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Mai 15, 2020 15:30    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hi again,Hi again, The test above was without a pacenote plugin in plugin folder, but I will put it back in and and test your sugestion.
On your other question can i tell you that i allways drive with damage off, so that should therefore not couse any problems.
Thanks for comming up with ideas, appreciate it.

UPDATE:
Now I've tested activating, show damage in pacenote plugin, and same thing there. Damper mount severe damage, unfortunately it is difficult to se it in the video as it is so small due to the 4k resolution, but it is at the mouse cursor right at the top in the list.
And in the other video you can se that i even lost Rear differantial, damage that should not occur with car damage OFF.

The two videos is from two seperate tests, but in both cases the same info showd up in both Pasenot(show damage) as in Training day car damage log list.

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nptAneVObgw
Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpnK6RsPDJ4

So i gess Workerbee have to look in to this after all.

LaTeX
VDRM/GVRC-Moderator
VDRM/GVRC-Moderator

LaTeX's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Mai 16, 2020 18:22    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Do you have to this problem just with this car – seems to be specific to the model.
This is VW Polo R5?

Than I will try to test it monday or tuesday. So or so Workerbee will have to look into it.

Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 17, 2020 14:06    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

The car you se me using in the latest videos whas Ford fiesta R5.
I only drive Wrc as well as R5 cars and the same problem with ALL cars i have driven in these two categories, despite "damage OFF" the cars get severe damage to chassie parts which should not happen with damage OFF, and the car becomes allmost impossible to drive

In czech plugin, everything works as it should, the car gets ONLY visual damage with car damage OFF.
The tip to use Phasenot plugin's "show damage" function was super good, (did not know this existed before) even used it when tested in czech plugin, despite the same speed, angle and places i crached as in training day, NO severe damage what so ever occured, only visual and the car felt perfectly fine to drive.

So there seems to be something wrong with Training day (Damage Off) is not off after all, and i hope Workerbee has the time and desire to fix this.
Until then I run czech.
Does you Lamda know how to kom in kontact with Workerbee an tel him about this?

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 17, 2020 14:15    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

please write him a PM here in GVRC or try it at racedepartment https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/workerbees-rbr-plugin-support.203/

but as i said, he was online at least aprox a month ago, so you have to wait or try to become accustomed to cz plugin.

Hellracer
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: So Mai 17, 2020 14:51    Titel: Help me with training day plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Ok

Update:
Now i have tryed to get help from Workerbee but without success.
But have to leave this problem for a while because I have other things to do.

Thank you guys, but i especially want to thank you Lambda for your genuine desire to really help and for you really listened to me and came up with good suggestions.
Big thanks Lamda!

Here is my attempt to kommunicera med Workerbee about this problem:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/workerbee-something-wrong-with-training-day-damage-off-not-compleatly-off.184090/

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Technische Hilfestellung Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Cobalt 2.0 phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright © 2002-2004 Jakob Persson

Modifieds: 2004-2006 by Adi