German Virtual Racers Community Portal
German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht

144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Fabz
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

Bilder im Album: 0

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 01, 2020 13:51    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

If you have a 144hz screen set the fps limiter to 144/145. Unlimited fps makes no sense like in any other game besides my some first person shooter. GPU will be smoking biggrin

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album
adrianklimas
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 01, 2020 14:12    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Fabz hat folgendes geschrieben:
If you have a 144hz screen set the fps limiter to 144/145. Unlimited fps makes no sense like in any other game besides my some first person shooter. GPU will be smoking biggrin

For me have sense. I feel a big difference. Steering wheel react a bit faster when I have about 1000 fps.

A.G.
Profi - Racer
Profi - Racer

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 01, 2020 15:26    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

adrianklimas hat folgendes geschrieben:
A.G. hat folgendes geschrieben:
Does anybody have some good physic update rate found for 144hz screens?

I have vsync off ingame and in nvidia settings, but a fps limiter set at 141fps.

Have tried different settings with my triple monitor setup but couldn't find a really smooth parameter for the moment.

The most smooth picture I have with 144 refresh rate. I tried also 141 HZ and 150 HZ. But 144 is the best for me.

My fixup.ini settings :
fullscreenWindow=0
fixAspectRatio=1
fixVSync=1
vSyncActive=0
headGasketDurability=3
centerMenu=0
processor=0
adaptiveFFB=0
ffbBufferCycles=0
ffbDeadZone=0
ffbDeadZoneThreshold=0
ffbMinFPS=0
soundRefreshRate=0

I play on fullscreen.

Why do you use FixVsync 1 without Vsync in use? Does this setting do anything without Vsync active?

www.facebook.com/gruendauerracing

adrianklimas
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 01, 2020 16:26    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I dont know but it think this change nothing when vsyncactive is off smile

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 29
Bilder in P. Galerie: 27
WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 01, 2020 18:32    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Zitat:
fixVSync=1
vSyncActive=0
centerMenu=0

I play on fullscreen.

Using true fullscreen ultimately means vsync on AFAIK, as the game uses the screen exclusively without the Windows desktop to interfere.

So fixVSync and vSyncActive here have no effect at all.
Makes sense to use a physics rate matching the fullscreen refresh rate, both at 144 Hz.

But I would use centerMenu=1, as your screen should look pretty awkward and distorted.

adrianklimas
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 01, 2020 19:04    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

So I understand better Will be play on fullscreen window with vsync set to off?

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 01, 2020 19:23    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

adrianklimas hat folgendes geschrieben:
So I understand better Will be play on fullscreen window with vsync set to off?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

You said that you play in fullscreen mode, not windowed.
Only windowed mode can be set to vsync on or off.
Fullscreen is always vsync on.

adrianklimas
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 01, 2020 23:13    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Ok So for vsync off I must play fullscreen window. I test it tommorow wink

jendabek
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 10, 2020 11:47    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

One findout - I have tried to set the physics rate to 143Hz and got 1 hour stutter again, so it seems it really needs to be the same or higher than the framerate.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 10, 2020 11:56    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Thx Jan, that was my first guess also.

Anyway you can't blame the developers of the original game, who were happy that RBR was running smoothly on that old hardware back in these days.

jendabek
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 10, 2020 12:31    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

RBR developers are the last ones I would like to blame! wink

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name
jendabek
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 10, 2020 20:31    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Question - is it possible that ReShade's custom d3d9.dll can mess up the framerate / smoothness even when the actual shaders are disabled?

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Feb 11, 2020 07:14    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

jendabek hat folgendes geschrieben:
Question - is it possible that ReShade's custom d3d9.dll can mess up the framerate / smoothness even when the actual shaders are disabled?

Yes, any custom d3d9.dll intercepts the DirectX calls of the game, so this is per se slower.

jendabek
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 21, 2020 15:32    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I am very happy the physics rate fixed that heavy stuttering after 1 hour, but just to be sure - is there anyone who has managed to get absolutely smooth gameplay without any stuttering at all?
I tried all the possible settings and the most lightweight stages... and I just can't get rid of something like a frame skip / duplication each approx. 0.5-1s.

Thanks

adrianklimas
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 21, 2020 16:19    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

jendabek hat folgendes geschrieben:
I am very happy the physics rate fixed that heavy stuttering after 1 hour, but just to be sure - is there anyone who has managed to get absolutely smooth gameplay without any stuttering at all?
I tried all the possible settings and the most lightweight stages... and I just can't get rid of something like a frame skip / duplication each approx. 0.5-1s.

Thanks

Couple years ago I have very poor pc. Bad procesor and graphic card GE force gt240. I have Windows XP and later Windows 7. And on this computer I had the most smooth gameplay ever.
Now I have computer with i7 4790k and gtx 970 and I have micro stutters. But after last physics update with physics update rate is a lot lot better. Still not perfect but playable smile

Do You want smooth gameplay? Buy Old computer with Old procesor architecture. I saw on gameplays shared by my team mate, he has Old computer. Its a very smooth gameplays. Car is maximum responsible. He has Old crt monitor also. Marek Jagiellon, he doing a incredible times on this hardware setup smile

jendabek
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Feb 21, 2020 16:28    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

You can also underclock your CPU and play RBR in slow motion, maybe that was the reason why he had better times smile) This happened to me (in opposite way) accidentally after overclocking CPU - the game was running faster in the ratio of the overclock.
I think I will rather stick with the current state than messing with my HW - even though it is not absolutely smooth, it is still well playable.

jendabek
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 22, 2020 18:32    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Can anyone test Peyregrosse? I experience really annoying stutter here with the latest NGP sad

Fabz
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Feb 22, 2020 20:03    Titel: 144Hz = stuttering after ~1 hour Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I don't have stutter at peygerosse.

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Seite 5 von 5

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Cobalt 2.0 phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright © 2002-2004 Jakob Persson

Modifieds: 2004-2006 by Adi