German Virtual Racers Community Portal
German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht

NGP6 - Offline Test
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
dinoantonelli
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

Bilder im Album: 0

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 03, 2019 16:09    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

[quote="WorkerBee"]
dinoantonelli hat folgendes geschrieben:
WorkerBee hat folgendes geschrieben:

Hi Workerbee

I write to you because I have an issue with ngp6 offline mode. When I try to play in multiplayer of the original game the first car selected apears with the physics broken, just one gear works. Could you solve the problem for futures updates?

Regards

That's not the fault of NGP, so the answer is no.

In the base game there are so many issues, in this case in the multiplayer/season mode.
The only reason why no one ever realized this is because the physics of the vanilla cars are almost all the same.

Anyway I don't get the point.
Why use a 15 year old game mode, which is broken in so many ways ?
The AI is flawed, no matter the modifications you make.
If you want to do offline rallies, use TrainingDay.
Then you can use any car, any stage, transfer damage from stage to stage, repair parts in service park etc etc.

Because we have a home championship offline with a friend. We need use single rally multiplayer mode. That is no possible to do with training Day Mod. Anyway with NGP5 multiplayer mode works perfect, when I put NGP6 it doesn´t. but ok, if you say it not possible fix that, is not possible to fix that.

Regards

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 29
Bilder in P. Galerie: 27
WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 13, 2019 21:32    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

New car for OFFLINE BETA testing only, available via RBRCIT !!

* Ford Fiesta Mk VIII R2

* beta model v0.9 by Ha3aP

RBRCIT's carList.ini updated as usual.

Please report any model related issues in Ha3aP's blog.

A hint for online plugin admins: this is no official NGP6 car yet !!

Fabz
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 13, 2019 21:53    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

When i try to download the model physics. I get an errror. Unhandled expection has occurred in your application. Someone named porridge has also the same problem and some other. The link is wrong for the model.

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Dez 13, 2019 22:06    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Sorry, fixed.
CarList.ini entry was wrong.

Please update.

PMSRT
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 211
Bilder in P. Galerie: 80
PMSRT's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 16, 2019 18:08    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

* Ford Fiesta Mk VIII R2

Hi, with this car i don´t have so much "problems" like with the official NGP6 Version. Don´t know why, but i think this here is the better one - best regards from a slowly driver biggrin wink Rolling Eyes

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 16, 2019 18:24    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

PMSRT hat folgendes geschrieben:
* Ford Fiesta Mk VIII R2

Hi, with this car i don´t have so much "problems" like with the official NGP6 Version. Don´t know why, but i think this here is the better one - best regards from a slowly driver biggrin wink Rolling Eyes

Well, there is no official NGP6 version of this brand new car ?! Confused
Or maybe I've been missing something.

PMSRT
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 211
Bilder in P. Galerie: 80
PMSRT's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Dez 16, 2019 18:31    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

PMSRT hat folgendes geschrieben:
* Ford Fiesta Mk VIII R2

Well, there is no official NGP6 version of this brand new car ?! Confused
Or maybe I've been missing something.

Yes it is NGP6, but you wrote that is it not yet ! biggrin Sorry !

fefobna
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 17, 2019 09:58    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

* Ford Fiesta Mk VIII R2

Hi all.
Before of all... thanks.
A stupid question, isn't this Mark VII?
font: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta#Seventh_generation_(2017%E2%80%93present)

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 17, 2019 12:16    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Well, not a stupid question, but a lame one.

Why don't you do some more research and come back with an appropriate answer yourself ?! wink

The model is supposed to be the latest spec. If it does not look like the real thing, contact the author of the model.

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 21, 2020 12:12    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hi guys,

as no one seems to be satisfied with the current NGP6 version, we should start over again and do some offline testing.

We will use this thread to not step in the way of the official NGP6 stuff. smile
You will have to install the two files manually, but it's no rocket science to do this.

NGP6 rev. 754

Feel free to test the 144Hz stutter thing. Maybe it is fixed in this version, maybe not.

This revision is supposed to feel differently, so for sure you will have to adapt your driving style a little bit.

borgaccino
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 21, 2020 13:13    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hi guys,

as no one seems to be satisfied with the current NGP6 version, we should start over again and do some offline testing.

We will use this thread to not step in the way of the official NGP6 stuff. smile
You will have to install the two files manually, but it's no rocket science to do this.

NGP6 rev. 754

Feel free to test the 144Hz stutter thing. Maybe it is fixed in this version, maybe not.

This revision is supposed to feel differently, so for sure you will have to adapt your driving style a little bit.

I have a 144hz AOC monitor but I don't have any stuttering noise.

pedrodfa
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 21, 2020 14:13    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

@borgaccino did you test it after +/- 1h? It seems the problem only occurs after 1 hour and some minutes. Im on VR at 144hz and it happens to me atfer that period, and to other people on monitors as well. Its quite unlikely that you dont have it, it might be that you dont notice it or you didnt test it after 1 hour running rbr.

LauroRally
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 21, 2020 17:14    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I see rev. 748 instead of rev. 754

Zuletzt bearbeitet von LauroRally am Di Jan 21, 2020 20:35, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet

waldemar
Racer
Racer

Bilder im Album: 46

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 21, 2020 17:49    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hallo zusammen,

Ich weiß leider nicht mit Sicherheit ,ob es mit NGP6 zu tun hat ,die folgenden
Ungereimtheiten treten zumindest nach meiner Umstellung (Wo ich zwischenzeitlich auch mal Mist gemacht hatte, es aber nach der händischen
Einfügung der NGP6 Dateien zum laufen brachte) auf ...

1. Reifengeräusche , wenn die Belastung bereits vorüber ist (oder an stellen wo man es nicht erwarten würde offensichtlich aber nur auf Asphalt

2. sehr häufiges Aufsetzen des Autos (ebenfalls nur Asphalt , bei Default also ohne das Auto tiefer gelegt zu haben ) ( vom Geräusch her)

3. gehe ich voll in die Bremsen ,tritt das quitschen der Reifen (wenn überhaupt) erst einiges Später auf ( Default Einstellung ... liegt es nur an der Einstellung der Bremskraft ? welche mir im Gegensatz zu NGP5 allgemein etwas geringer aus zu fallen scheint

4. vermehrt auftretende Bild-hänger -ruckler welche ich zum Schluss auf
NGP5 gar nicht mehr hatte ( benötigt NGP6 mehr Rechenleistung oder Grafikkarten performan's ? )

Ich glaube eigentlich nicht das es der Saunds Ordner sein Kann ,da ja noch alle Geräusche vorhanden sind , nur scheinbar falsch ausgegeben werden ... aber eventuell geht das ja nun mit NGP6 auch nicht anders ?
wäre dankbar wenn trotzdem jemand ein Tipp hätte , auch wenn es eben mit NGP6 nichts zu tun hat ...

Sorry falls das Thema bereits behandelt wurde , seit dem Firefox den Übersetzer (add ons S3 ) ,welchen ich hatte blockt, ist es einiges komplizierter ... der neu von Google macht entweder nur ganze Seiten (und meckert das die Seite bereits übersetzt wäre , offensichtlich weil am Anfang der Seite einige Deutsche Wörter stehen ) und markierter Text ,geht nur bis zu einer recht geringen Anzahl von Wörtern

Danke schon mal , falls jemand was diesbezüglich weiß

Grüße Waldemar

Dennis Zetak
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 21, 2020 18:09    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

hello Bee, I tested the new rev. and I really feel a difference on rear tyres, especially on hairpins. The rubber after handbrake bites tarmac sooner then on NGP 6.2 and because of this is easier to go thru a hairpin. I think you add some grip on lateral force on rear tyres (but its only thinking) and now sometimes the front of the car push out. Maybe you can do the same change with the front tyres as you did with rear tyre. But this is only my theory biggrin I used my setups from NGP 6.2, it can be a problem too after your changes.

What about steering? It is now a little bit more reactive (not enough) but im not sure if you change something on this or it is my placebo.
Anyway, the change is for me better then a actual official version of NGP. You have nice idea to bring back offline unofficial test. Im excited for next testing of new versions of physics

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 21, 2020 18:37    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Guys,

if you give feedback to new versions you absolutely have to specify the car and the surface, e.g. tarmac wet etc etc.
Otherwise it is useless.
We have 80 cars or so and an RWD will for sure behave differently than AWD.

Dennis, front and rear tires are the same (usually), and I actually cut the steering angle in half.
So, half steering angle, same peak lateral force as in 748.

LauroRally
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 21, 2020 18:49    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I paste the two files and still have the rev. 748, I'm eager to try the new rev. 754 and I can't

you have only replace the plugin (*.dll) and the physic.lsp in your physic.rbz archiv (or folder if you unpack this)

regards Lamda

Zuletzt bearbeitet von LauroRally am Di Jan 21, 2020 20:34, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet

wrcPuncture
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 21, 2020 19:22    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Bee,
due to time issues I will test it later in this week..I really look forward:-)
I just want to THANK YOU for this approach!! You can say something like: f**k you guys, physics is complete and final, you have to get used to and learn to drive. But you released new test version.. respect.
I really appreciate your hard work and this step. smile

for all drivers, as Bee said, please write also physics version/car/surface/track with your feedback, so we all can also try it, comparing our feelings etc.

LauroRally
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 22, 2020 01:23    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

the rev. 754 is a great step.
I always got along better with gravel, so I started testing in east-west and sweet lamb, dry, with the skoda fabia r5 and toyota yaris.
With the two cars especially with the r5 fabia, the first sensation is that I was able to attack the curves much better, having all the time control over the car, over the curve line. I tried several times what in the previous version could end in a spin and did not happen! (I only spun in some cases in which I came with a lot of speed or in slow curves where I went from accelerator, very realistic) in the other cases I could do an understeer, an oversteer or take the car along the line.
I also felt the car much more sensitive to changes of direction, it is hard to get used to it but when you do it feels great. congratulations bee and thanks for listenin

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 22, 2020 10:28    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Ok, took the Porsche SC RS for a ride on my favorite drift stage, Falstone gravel/dry, rev. 754.

No, this is not it.
I can hardly keep that beast on the road.
Although I am not the best driver for sure I am not THAT bad.

Looks like these tires are a little bit too sharp.

Seems some steps in the right direction, some wrong.
But, never mind, for sure this is not the last revision.
Developing NGP6 took two years, and we are not in a hurry.

As I am riding on 60Hz, I cannot reproduce the 144Hz issue, so more feedback from you is still welcome.

pedrodfa
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 22, 2020 13:37    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

rev. 754:

Testing Skoda Fabia evo r5 (r5 cars are the ones showing the bigger problems with this physics in general in my opinion):

Tarmac, the hairpin situation is better, with the car being more balanced and controlled through the corner, a bigger window of controllability lets say.

gravel and snow still with mixed feelings but something positive seems to have happened.

Also, playing with a correct FOV, as its the only option in VR.

144hz fix, didn't test it yet, as I have to be more than 1 hour in rbr and it didn't happen.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von pedrodfa am Mi Jan 22, 2020 14:00, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet

jendabek
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 22, 2020 13:53    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Haha, 2 first feedbacks and both providing completely opposite results... poor Bee smile
Personally I was able to do power drifts with 4WD perfectly with the previous version as well as with this one. No, I don't have a real life experience and maybe the physics is still not perfect in every aspects, but the statements like "almost impossible" or "fundamental problems" are just off - if this would be true, nobody would be able to finish all those extremely difficult and long events on CZ plugin with such fast times & consistency.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name
Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 37
Bilder in P. Galerie: 2
Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 22, 2020 14:04    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

my first quick test show an issue for Gravel and snow. Basicly it feels more sharp but it is harder to get oversteer (not the main issue im talking about). The problem is, if you got oversteer, it comes as sliding with less possibilitys to control it. Normaly i would fix this with a softer anti-roll-bar, but in combination with the more stable behavior with small steering angle it goes natural to more stable (and more and more harder to oversteer). conclusion (without try to fix with setup), you need to work more with steering, brake, weight to get oversteer but this count in more imprecise and reactiv driving, but if the oversteer comes you have less chance to react as need, you cant control (sometimes it end with understeered and more times with oversteered sliding). The main problem is the totaly different behavior between low (sliding) car angle (understeered) and bigger car (sliding) angle (oversteered) (it means te angle between car axis to real driving direction)

I test I20R5 and YarisWRC

Tarmac feel a little bit sharper than before. but also no problems with hairpins. sometimes my rear snap out during leftfood braking on WRC, but i use my old "oversteer" settings, it should be only a setupproblem. generaly, this should be a right behavior.I would say Tarmac is ok

pedrodfa
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 22, 2020 14:06    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

@jendabek I edited my comment because I got mixed feelings after writting it, on gravel and snow. Mixed in the sense that I think that some positive change happened to the tire but I still feel that the past problems are still somehow there.
As for your sentence "if this would be true, nobody would be able to finish all those extremely difficult and long events on CZ plugin with such fast times & consistency." - that just doesnt make any sense because people adapt to whatever the physics give you. Fast times and consistency dont come from the physics.

Hadi
Race Champion
Race Champion

Bilder im Album: 6

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 22, 2020 16:55    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Thanks Workerbee

tested NGP6 rev. 754

First of all i want to talk about aero dynamics.

I have seen this on previous versions of NGP 6 to, but today i tested this out a little bit more.

If you take a Jump on full throttle (ex.: New Bobs) the rear of the Ford Fiesta R5 goes down like on NGP 5 - WRC '17 cars.
And WRC '17 cars are going into the oposit direction, so the front goes down.

I mean on NGP-5 the aero worked perfectly und looked very similar to what you see in real life.

Tarmac/dry/Cote d'arbroz(standard+own setup)

Ford Fiesta R5
works good for me with Standard and personal car setup, just a litte bit to much understeer for my driving style. I'm sure i can fix this by tuning my setup.

Hyundai i20 WRC
Works definitly better in the haipins now, but on fast corners you get very sudden oversteer, i had this also on the previous version of NGP 6.

But standard Setup does'nt work for me at all on this car, car is way to sensible on steering input and very oversteery, i can spin the rear tires till 6th gear on the fast corners.

Snow/Joux Plane II

Ford Fiesta R5(own setup)
Very smooth now, feels like little less grip and i like it a lot how it feels now.
Waight transfer with some breaking works just perfect for me.

Just missing some traction from the front wheels. Should be easy to fix by tuning the setup for my driveing style.

Hyundai i20 WRC(standard setup only)

Very oversteery again. Could work for me with some setup tweaks.

Gravel/dry/New Bobs(standard setups only)

Anybody else feels a lot of rumble in the wheel when going of the startline and the wheels are searching for traction?
This is very anoying, i mean the whole wheel is vibrating like hell until you are in the 3rd gear or lift the throttle.

Ford Fiesta R5
Feels good, just to understeery for me on the stock setup.

Hyundai i20 WRC
Same as on snow and tarmac, steering way to sensitive, lots of oversteer.
I have 440° rotation on the wheel and can to a scandinavian flick by turning the steering wheel like 2cm.....

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Weiter
Seite 20 von 23

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Cobalt 2.0 phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright © 2002-2004 Jakob Persson

Modifieds: 2004-2006 by Adi