German Virtual Racers Community Portal
German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht

NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
wrcPuncture
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

Bilder im Album: 0

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 02, 2019 19:29    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

thank you for the info! If I don't like that sound, is it possible to disable it? or, do you know name of the .wav so I can do it myself..?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album
Fabz
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 02, 2019 22:06    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

It's Suspension= in the Audio.ini

wrcPuncture
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 02, 2019 22:29    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Fabz hat folgendes geschrieben:

Are you sure? Because doesn't change for me.. but if I set Impacts=0, sounds like it is gone..

jendabek
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 02, 2019 23:53    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

wrcPuncture hat folgendes geschrieben:
Fabz hat folgendes geschrieben:

Are you sure? Because doesn't change for me.. but if I set Impacts=0, sounds like it is gone..

I know what you mean smile
Don't change anything in Audio.ini.

The WAVs containing this "rattling" are placed in Audio/Impact/Ranged, they are ordered by the impact level.
You need to turn down the volume of the first 4 WAVs (00.wav - 03.wav), all other sounds are played in the case of more heavy impacts, so don't change it.
I have already done this, so you can download the WAVs and replace the original ones (they are very quiet because I don't like this effect much):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LTqsy32fiVciLIs4UZHet4283Rym8dtS

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 29
Bilder in P. Galerie: 27
WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 03, 2019 12:34    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Our flat tire buddy is correct, setting

Impacts=0.0

in RBR\audio.ini does the trick of silencing the bump stops.

But you lose the higher impact sounds as well, which apply when hitting bigger obstacles, which is rarely the case.

Replacing the WAVs is possible, but not required.

The "Suspension" parameter indeed does not apply here, and is used for other purposes.

jendabek
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 03, 2019 15:17    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

With Impacts = 0 you will also lose sound effects on bumps and jumps + those heavy hits which are not that rare smile, that is why I recommend to mute or turn volume down just those WAVs that are used for bumpstops.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album AIM-Name
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 03, 2019 18:21    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Ok Jan, I agree.

That's just another of RBR's flaws when it comes to the sound system.
They should have separated the bump stops from "the other" impacts.

Looks like a shortcut the developers took to save a little coding time.

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 03, 2019 18:55    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

2019-11-03
* updated model of Skoda Fabia R5 evo to version 1.1 by Ha3aP (physics unchanged)

See Ha3aP's blog for changes.

jendabek
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 03, 2019 21:12    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

WorkerBee hat folgendes geschrieben:
Ok Jan, I agree.

That's just another of RBR's flaws when it comes to the sound system.
They should have separated the bump stops from "the other" impacts.

Looks like a shortcut the developers took to save a little coding time.

I hope for FMOD implementation in the future, ideally just for the engine stuff while keeping the original sound effects. It shouldn't be that difficult and it would certainly move RBR to the next level in this area.
Sorry for offtopic, just dreaming... smile

AlDrive
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 05, 2019 19:18    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

The RGT is specified as 3.4 kg/hp, and this is exactly what we have.

This applies to the Fiat 124 RGT, the Porsche GT3, and to the upcoming Aston Martin.

Equal opportunity is always good! But there is a slight nuance. There are very few participants who want to drive RGT cars. Therefore, in the championships I have to compete with R5 cars on the Porsche GT3 RGT. Although I am not the fastest pilot, at least I sometimes manage to impose a fight. With the advent of new physics at GT3, the mass of the car increases by 150 kg, which is quite critical. (That's why I'm upset) And it would be great if the GT3 RGT appeared in two versions. (second option is http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/porsche-997-gt3-rgt)
And let the organizers themselves set a restriction on cars.

Oscar24_GZ
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

Bilder im Album: 2

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Nov 05, 2019 22:14    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Alexander's choice seems good to me, because I am also affected by the RGT regulations in some championship. But Workbee has the last word.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Persönliches Foto Album
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 06, 2019 10:08    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Understood. But that doesn't convince me.

The RGT are not supposed to compete against the R5 AWD cars.
I suppose that on tarmac you may be able to beat them, but on loose surface, no way.

My arguments still stand, I prefer having 5 RGT cars competing in a RGT championship.

If I would start to make custom physics for each driver, NGP6 would finally end in a big mess.
What about making WRCs with really huge steering angles ? Or arcady handbrakes ? Or RGTs with AWD, as the French guys did ??
Maybe you get the point. wink

AlDrive
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 06, 2019 18:17    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Understood. But that doesn't convince me.
The RGT are not supposed to compete against the R5 AWD cars.

I think Richard Tuthill would not agree with you.

My arguments still stand, I prefer having 5 RGT cars competing in a RGT championship.

No one is against it.

If I would start to make custom physics for each driver, NGP6 would finally end in a big mess.
What about making WRCs with really huge steering angles ? Or arcady handbrakes ? Or RGTs with AWD, as the French guys did ??
Maybe you get the point.

Nobody asks you about it.

I just asked you to make another version of the physics for the Porsche 911GT3 RS 4.0 RGT, and you have currently done the physics for the Porsche 911GT3 RS 3.8 RGT (which is actually a redesigned Porsche 911GT3 CUP 3.8 RGT).

Maybe you get the point? smile

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 06, 2019 19:09    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

AlDrive hat folgendes geschrieben:
I just asked you to make another version of the physics for the Porsche 911GT3 RS 4.0 RGT, and you have currently done the physics for the Porsche 911GT3 RS 3.8 RGT (which is actually a redesigned Porsche 911GT3 CUP 3.8 RGT).

Maybe you get the point? smile

Yes, got it.

But I guess there is a misunderstanding.

No matter whether it is the 3.8 or the 4.0 model, or Cup, or whatever you take as the base car.

If it is an RGT, weight and power restrictions would still apply, that is 3.4 kg/hp.
So I just can't give you an 500 hp, 1200 kg car.

AlDrive
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 06, 2019 19:26    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

As I understand it, you need proof that the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997) RGT participated in races with parameters of 500 hp, 1200 kg.
In that case, would you consider creating another version of physics.

BUCK Tyler
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 06, 2019 19:48    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

As I understand it, you need proof that the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997) RGT participated in races with parameters of 500 hp, 1200 kg.
In that case, would you consider creating another version of physics.

As I understand it, Bee would need proof that the car could enter in official RGT category TODAY, not in 2017.

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 07, 2019 12:57    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Well, it's not about really proving anything.

You simply can't find any entry of a 1200kg/500hp Porsche in a current RGT result list.

That's 2.4 kg/hp compared to the 4.3 kg/hp of the R5 class (and 3.4 RGT).
Not fair in any way.
Such a Porsche will outclass these R5's on tarmac by far.

We all know that power to weight ratio is not everything, as you can hardly get more than 300hp to the ground on one driven axle (without traction control).
So on loose surfaces, the story would have a different outcome.

AlDrive
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Nov 07, 2019 19:04    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

You simply can't find any entry of a 1200kg/500hp Porsche in a current RGT result list.
Not fair in any way.

I realized there will be no other Porsche 911 RGT physics. This answer is enough for me!

We all know that power to weight ratio is not everything, as you can hardly get more than 300hp to the ground on one driven axle (without traction control).
So on loose surfaces, the story would have a different outcome.

For starters, the smaller mass of the car is always much better, the post is powerful, but heavy. A racing car must be light.

Secondly, in a 911, more than 65% of the car’s mass is on the rear axle, and this in terms of power is much closer to all-wheel drive than to the front.

And thirdly, I do not know any internal combustion engines that give maximum power from idle.

Thanks anyway, NGP 6 is very good. I will not distract you from work in the future.

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 08, 2019 12:52    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Not fair in any way.

I realized there will be no other Porsche 911 RGT physics. This answer is enough for me!

You can get different physics if you provide a link to trustworthy data specifiying the empty weight of the RGT Porsche.

I would then adjust the power to adhere to the current RGT spec, which is 3.4 kg/hp.

AlDrive
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Nov 08, 2019 23:18    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

You can get different physics if you provide a link to trustworthy data specifiying the empty weight of the RGT Porsche.

I would then adjust the power to adhere to the current RGT spec, which is 3.4 kg/hp.

I somewhere found data where the weight of the Porsche 911 RGT was about 1200 kg. But where - I do not remember.

But as a confirmation of my words that I did not dream about it (the video is not an official document, but still)

https://www.tuthillporsche.com/blog/chris-harris-gravel-tuthill-porsche-997-r-gt/

The video says that the power is 350 hp and is limited by a restrictor of 39 mm (5 minutes 30 seconds)

PS: unfortunately this video has been blocked by the copyright holder, but can be found in alternative sources

In the meantime, I will look for a reliable source

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 09, 2019 07:53    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

That fits.

I have an article regarding the 39mm/350hp stuff.

And I have sources stating that the Cup variant comes at roundabout 1200kg (from memory guess it was Porsche's specs), with a minimum of 1170kg (organizer's regulations).

So it is maybe somehow possible to cut the weight down to that figure, given you have enough money to do it. wink

Zeltner stated that his Porsche would go at 1360 kg, with 360 PS. That's not competitive (3.78 kg/hp).

So I could do a 911 GT3 RS 4.0 RGT with 1190 kg and 350 hp, which yields exactly 3.4 kg/hp. smile

sca773r
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 09, 2019 12:07    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

That fits.

And I have sources stating that the Cup variant comes at roundabout 1200kg (from memory guess it was Porsche's specs), with a minimum of 1170kg (organizer's regulations).

So it is maybe somehow possible to cut the weight down to that figure, given you have enough money to do it. wink

Zeltner stated that his Porsche would go at 1360 kg, with 360 PS. That's not competitive (3.78 kg/hp).

So I could do a 911 GT3 RS 4.0 RGT with 1190 kg and 350 hp, which yields exactly 3.4 kg/hp. smile

There were a few 997 in a few local championships that derived from the cup version with up to 450hp, and about 1200kg net weight, however they could not participate in FIA regulated competitions.

There were a few in Portugal, but they could only score points for regional ou national competitions, and when they participated in FIA rallyes they were put on a separate list. Happened here in Rali Vinho Madeira for a 2/3 years where the 911's were fighting for the win against R5 and actually did a 2-3 podium overall. Note that it was the R5's debut year. They are a lot more competitive now, so drivers don't complain about the 911's being too fast anymore.

I suppose this happened in Germany with Zeltner and other 911's around Europe before the RGT regulation was created. Nantet also won French Rally Championship in a 911 against S2000 armada in 2011

The 911's still race, now the 991 cup cars, but the R5's are just a lot more developed so there isn't really a fight there. These 991 still don't comply with the FIA RGT regulations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5dujdtUUHI

2019 with 991 cup cars

https://youtu.be/OvIRhDwOebw?t=338

Don't expect you making physics with these specs, because there's no real data available. Just wanted to show that they existed, but I agree that we should focus on cars that comply with the actual FIA regulations instead of "chasing ghosts"

AlDrive
Chefmechaniker
Chefmechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 09, 2019 15:46    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

That fits.

https://www.porsche.com/luxembourg/fr/sportsandevents/motorsport/racingcars/911gt3cup-997

and

https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/4242/Porsche-997-GT3-Cup.html

Only it should be a version with a motor 3.8. Tuthill built the RGT on the basis of the GT3 Cup, and it was on such a 911 that Delecur started the rally
And that would be great! I hope that in this case you will make a physics version with 350 hp and a mass of 1200 kg.

I will hope and wait) Thank you!

PS: I found a video on youtube with a description of some characteristics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_nvU9olSQ

But I do not know if they can be trusted.

sca773r
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 09, 2019 17:24    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

That fits.

https://www.porsche.com/luxembourg/fr/sportsandevents/motorsport/racingcars/911gt3cup-997

and

https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/4242/Porsche-997-GT3-Cup.html

Only it should be a version with a motor 3.8. Tuthill built the RGT on the basis of the GT3 Cup, and it was on such a 911 that Delecur started the rally
And that would be great! I hope that in this case you will make a physics version with 350 hp and a mass of 1200 kg.

I will hope and wait) Thank you!

PS: I found a video on youtube with a description of some characteristics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_nvU9olSQ

But I do not know if they can be trusted.

you can trust the data on the video. the driver is the owner of the shop that prepared the car. same shop is the official builder for citroen in Portugal and Spain, and also set up the 991's racing in Portugal

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 10, 2019 18:06    Titel: NGP (Next Generation Physics) Plugin Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

2019-11-10
** updated car physics
** Porsche 911 GT3 RS (2010) RGT (based on 997 GT3 Cup)

So here we go, 350 hp and 1200 kg.

Feel free to test and enjoy ! wink

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73, 74  Weiter
Seite 72 von 74

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Cobalt 2.0 phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright © 2002-2004 Jakob Persson

Modifieds: 2004-2006 by Adi