German Virtual Racers Community Portal
German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht

NGP6 - Offline Test
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Weiter

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

Bilder im Album: 29
Bilder in P. Galerie: 27
WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 05:35    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Thanks for the hint regarding the 126P. But as I have already mentioned, I have no plans to address any sound related issues in the near future.

What's wrong with RBRCIT ?

About WRX ... well, these cars are simply way too fast to be driven on a rally stage.
The "fastest" cars we have are the group B beasts, with regard to engine power.
If you want a challenge, try the P205 T16 E2.
Quite tricky to keep it on the road at very high speeds.

I do very well know that some (or all?) of the modern wannabe sim titles have a WRX mode.
But this approach is totally different from NGP@RBR and more targeted at kids who wanna have the ultimate fun and feel like a hot shot. wink

Just my 2 cents, so no WRX in NGP.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Persönliches Foto Album
Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 36
Bilder in P. Galerie: 2
Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 08:33    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

WRX cars made for RX tracks. RX tracks are wide with room for fail escapes. The cars use besides of more powerfull engine some different technique and regulations.

we have neither a RX mode for our game nor the right tracks and we have some issues for tyre on wrong surface (its not a physic issue of NGP, RBR was not made to use tyres for wrong surfaces)

for me its make no sense

as workerbee said, you have GrB and the modern WRC cars, they are not easy to drive and hard to drive fast controlled. try it out, i belive you will not bored ....

simone.ema
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

Bilder im Album: 0

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 13:20    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

A big "thank you" to WorkerBee for the extraordinary work done with the NGP 6. I use RBR with the keyboard and I find the driving dynamics very funny.

I point out a problem that I found: with the RBRTM088 plugin, I try in shakedown mode, I choose a R5 car and set the "short" gears, I try the stage, then I go out, I select a WRCplus and I set the "short" gears again, I restart the same stage and here, when I enter the sixth gear, this "fails". sad

Is it just my problem?

I hope I explained myself. Greetings from Italy.

BUCK Tyler
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 14:28    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

simone.ema hat folgendes geschrieben:
I point out a problem that I found: with the RBRTM088 plugin, I try in shakedown mode, I choose a R5 car and set the "short" gears, I try the stage, then I go out, I select a WRCplus and I set the "short" gears again, I restart the same stage and here, when I enter the sixth gear, this "fails". sad

Is it just my problem?

I'm pretty sure this is due to how CZ plugin handles the 'Current' setup. If you edit a car's setup and then choose another car, it's as if the first car's setup is still used. I haven't bothered to try to understand the specifics so maybe it's a little more complicated than that... I think someone else has mentioned it in this thread as well.

Dennis Zetak
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 16:08    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hello, today I try setup Yaris WRC and after good run on Northumbria Tarmac I saw, that tyre wear is zero - after 9 km. Is it right?

here is telemetry and replay from the stage
https://mega.nz/#!9oYGDAQS!UAdRF1zfHYWI0Lfv1n1Qki83NSVoZGukED5ydSwmpPk

exbagboy
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 16:19    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Tyre wear in your telemetry file is 0 for the first few seconds before you start the race, if you scroll all the way down you can see the values.

end values for each tyres,

0.00513391 0.00514006 0.00531452 0.00552053

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 16:29    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Tire wear shows roundabout 1.2 % at the end of the stage.

This is what I would expect when driving an AWD without drifting too much.
We are on tarmac, so there is not that much slip.
Slip is required for tire wear.

That's ok.

If you would design much more tire wear, then an RWD would quickly turn undriveable during a longer stage ... and I don't think this is what we want. wink

Dennis Zetak
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 16:54    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

WorkerBee hat folgendes geschrieben:
If you would design much more tire wear, then an RWD would quickly turn undriveable during a longer stage ... and I don't think this is what we want. wink

this is what I want ! Its about tyre managment too, not about unlimited drifting Twisted Evil
The WRC has big aero forces, so I can go very fast in corners and tyres are under big pressure by big forces and it wear tyre quickly I think. No matter if it slip or not.. But there is a very little slipping too I think - if you are use tyres on maximum

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 17:06    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Dennis Zetak hat folgendes geschrieben:

this is what I want ! Its about tyre managment too, not about unlimited drifting Twisted Evil
The WRC has big aero forces, so I can go very fast in corners and tyres are under big pressure by big forces and it wear tyre quickly I think. No matter if it slip or not.. But there is a very little slipping too I think - if you are use tyres on maximum

You don't get the point.
"Undriveable" has nothing to do with "unlimited drifting".
You could not keep an RWD on the road at the limit anymore.

And why should the tyres wear excessively just by downforce ?
The car itself weighs 1400 kg, the downforce just adds to this, but we are not talking about several tons. smile

If you want the ultimate challenge and "tyre management", why do you drive an WRC/AWD pussy car instead of, say, the RGT ?

Lamda
GVRC-Moderator
GVRC-Moderator

Bilder im Album: 36
Bilder in P. Galerie: 2
Lamda's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 18:17    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Zitat:

as workerbee told you, you wear mostly during skid on tarmac not by rolling on the road. as more rubbing as more wear. more downforce, less rubbing....4 tyres sharee the force lower slip =less rubbing.

whats wrong with it?

im sure if you drive the "pussy" cars hard, you will easy wear your tyres too

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 18:21    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Lamda hat folgendes geschrieben:
im sure if you drive the "pussy" cars hard

As AC/DC say, she wants it hard, she wants it fast ... lol

Dennis Zetak
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Okt 10, 2019 19:55    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

okay, here is Fiat 124 RGT .. ride on default setup, its on first attempt, so its slide almost everywhere. Do you think that tyre wear is good?

https://mega.nz/#!5tpkFCiQ!n_qyy_iWliUsKIynbMY6j4UobtBXAK7Rmjy1gkjp8Us

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 11, 2019 04:49    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Dennis Zetak hat folgendes geschrieben:
okay, here is Fiat 124 RGT .. ride on default setup, its on first attempt, so its slide almost everywhere. Do you think that tyre wear is good?

Yes.

waldemar
Racer
Racer

Bilder im Album: 43

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 11, 2019 11:42    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Hallo , Danke erst mal an Günni da ich den Wartburg mal mit NGP 6 testen durfte und er sich gleich auf den ersten Metern besser (runder ) anfühlte ,
was die Drehzahlen beim Schalten betrifft (passt einiges besser) viel mehr kann ich noch nicht sagen ,da ich nach dem Wartburg und dem Lada (welche funktionierten) auch die anderen Autos testen wollte ,was aber nicht funzte
( NGP6 inacktiv!!! liesen sich auch nicht schalten und bremsen )
hab das ganze auf einer leichtgewichtigen RBR instalation auf G: mit Verknüpfung auf den Maps ordner in H: ohne den Schalter zwischen NGP 5-6
nur mit der update funktion von RBRCIT auf NGP6 und dem herrunterladen der neuen physik für die Autos versucht (und wahrscheinlich den Schritt " Orginal Autos " laden versäumt ) beim Späteren versuch die anderen Autos auch zum laufen zu bekommen ( die neuen physic's der Autos händisch in die physics.rbz gepackt,da ich irgendwo las ,das CIT die sonnst immer wieder aus den 'entpackten' Physik-ordner holt wo eben nun wahrscheinlich noch die von ngp5 standen ) RBRCIT gänzlich den Dinst unmöglich gemacht ...

auch nach neuinserlation (vorher nur die alten Dateien gelöscht,da ich keine deinstall fand...oder gibt's die irgendwo ?) von CIT in ver.1.oo4 1.005 1.006 nur noch fehlermeldungen erhalten (hatte zwar auch irgendwo was gelesen das bei einer neueren version ein link nicht mehr funzt ,aber irgendwie wäre es nicht schlecht wenn irgendwann mal irgendjemand ( außer Günni,weil der hat ja schon genug am hals ) der noch voll durchblickt ,eine Anleitung zusammen stellen könnte , was, womit geht, und was nicht ,jetzt in Bezug auf die (zeitweise,respektive permanente) Umstellung auf NGP6 ... die alten physic's der Autos von NGP5 sind nun auch nicht mehr im Download bereich erhältlich ?

Klicke auf das Bild um das Bild in der Originalgröße zu öffnen.

kann da jemand sagen ,wie ich den wieder zum laufen bekomme?

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 11, 2019 14:11    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Im anderen Thread habe ich doch einen Link zu einer neuen RBRCIT.INI hinterlegt.

Die sollte man einfach ersetzen, und erst dann die carList.ini updaten lassen.
Anschließend ggf. NGP6 Plugin installieren lassen (damit physics.rbz ersetzt wird, hoffentlich) und physics updaten über das Menü.

Das mit der Dropbox ist nunmal fürchterlich schief gelaufen, eigentlich der GAU schlechthin.

zwjna
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 11, 2019 19:51    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

With that (vaguely-written) part of my comment I meant to say that whatever the purpose you gave to RBRCIT (like, say, strictly including only rally-homologated cars for FIA's classes, specially for RBRTM) could make adding a WRX car a nonsense move, and maybe that's why the Kamaz is in the Fun Cars Download page but not in RBRCIT — well, seems to be quality-control related.

Basically, I was _trying_ to ask if a WRX car could be developed and distributed just like that Kamaz, but I guess that what Lamda said in his last response to me are good reasons for which it may not be possible — I mean, the technical ones; about the WRX cars being made for WRX tracks and being too fast for rally stages, well... they may not want to put a modern F1 car at the Nürburgring in real life for health, wealth and technical reasons, but in the virtual world the story's kinda different biggrin

Maybe that's not so "serious," but for me it's definitely some "Fun Cars" stuff.

Yet I've just realised that I hadn't had into account the amount of work you're constantly doing to get the more important things done as soon as possible, specially now with the problem with Dropbox. So I've already started the Forgetfulness Procedure about that WRX matter either way. Thanks again for all your massive and interesting work!

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Okt 11, 2019 20:33    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

zwjna hat folgendes geschrieben:

With that (vaguely-written) part of my comment I meant to say that whatever the purpose you gave to RBRCIT (like, say, strictly including only rally-homologated cars for FIA's classes, specially for RBRTM) could make adding a WRX car a nonsense move, and maybe that's why the Kamaz is in the Fun Cars Download page but not in RBRCIT — well, seems to be quality-control related.

Yes, more quality related.
With NGP5 it is impossible to model the real Kamaz, with NGP6 it may (!) be possible.
But this would be one of the very last cars to implement, maybe only as a proof of concept what the physics are capable of.

Basically, I was _trying_ to ask if a WRX car could be developed and distributed just like that Kamaz, but I guess that what Lamda said in his last response to me are good reasons for which it may not be possible — I mean, the technical ones; about the WRX cars being made for WRX tracks and being too fast for rally stages,

I agree with Lamda here, such a rocket requires different tracks. But as there is no multi-car mode in RBR, it is quite pointless to think about it.

well... they may not want to put a modern F1 car at the Nürburgring in real life for health, wealth and technical reasons,

Health of the vehicle or the driver ? wink

It is impossible to drive a current F1 at the Green Hell, at least if you want to survive the ride.
Of course you could lift the body accordingly, soften springs, increase suspension travel. But then it would not be the same and not much faster than an ordinary sports car, say Porsche GTwhatever.

but in the virtual world the story's kinda different biggrin

Maybe that's not so "serious," but for me it's definitely some "Fun Cars" stuff.

Understood.

But this is exactly what I do not like at all.
This "look, I am driving an F1 at Nordschleife", and "haha, I can beat Bellof's time" in these modern sims is just ridiculous.
We may have an Audi S1 in RBR, but that doesn't mean we are anyway near to Röhrl's performance.

Yet I've just realised that I hadn't had into account the amount of work you're constantly doing to get the more important things done as soon as possible, specially now with the problem with Dropbox. So I've already started the Forgetfulness Procedure about that WRX matter either way. Thanks again for all your massive and interesting work!

Thx, but it is not only a matter of time. To me, a WRX in RBR just does not feel right (oops, the f-word again), or better say, don't fit.

jansku22
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 13, 2019 12:34    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Bee, few telemetry things again...

Do you know the (RBR/NGP) absolute limits of the values, so I can add set yrange [min:max] to my .gp -files?
The plot looks much better when it's not zoomed.

Example:
gear is [-1:6] and car is [0:7] but how about the tyre pressure? 150 to 350 kPa?
But if my car setup is 350 kPa and tyre pressure increases when driving...

I can make a new list of all the telemetry values (001_totalSteps => 177_RB.wear[7]) if it's helps you or you can copy my previous list.

Second thing:
How your rubTemps.gp, segmentTemps.gp and tyreWears.gp are calculated?
I am a gnuplot rookie, so I only know "plot file using 1:($20-273.15) with lines".

I wanna learn how to plot those values but in simplified way.

Off-topic:
How can I use spoiler tag on this forum when I want to shorten long messages?
Is it available?

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 13, 2019 19:33    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

The telemetry values are the result of the simulation, so I really can't tell any limits.
For sure if you start with 3.5 bar, it will increase above this value ... but how much, depends on tire temp.

Regarding the calculation you have to look into the gp files.
I can't imagine any simpler method than what I had to do within these files.
But I am no gnuplot expert either.
So I guess I am not a great help this time. sad

OverCrest
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 14, 2019 10:53    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I had a similar problem as waldemar. I tried to update the Carlist.ini with RBRCITan I got lots of problems. Today, after uninstalling my RBR game and installing it again with the RBRCIT I can see the NGP current car list without problems.
Please sorry I wrote in English, but I can't speak German, the only words I can say in German are "Bitte" and "Danke" biggrin biggrin

Sturmzeit
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

Bilder im Album: 2

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 14, 2019 11:12    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

I've got a theoretical question:

would it be possible to simulate an electro-car?

I just read about the Opel Corsa-e Rally and wondered if NGP would be able to simulate it...

jansku22
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 14, 2019 18:42    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

The telemetry values are the result of the simulation, so I really can't tell any limits.
For sure if you start with 3.5 bar, it will increase above this value ... but how much, depends on tire temp.

Regarding the calculation you have to look into the gp files.
I can't imagine any simpler method than what I had to do within these files.
But I am no gnuplot expert either.
So I guess I am not a great help this time. sad

I have looked your .gp -files but only those three files "math" are unknown to me.
In other words, there is only simple unit conversions in rest of your .gp -files.

And in digital data, there is always min/max values but it takes forever* to me to solve these in RBR.
That's why I needed help.

But thanks anyway.

*=All my free time smile

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 14, 2019 19:42    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Sturmzeit hat folgendes geschrieben:

I just read about the Opel Corsa-e Rally and wondered if NGP would be able to simulate it...

Well, this would require a complete redesign of the drivetrain.
So the answer is no.

dinoantonelli
Mechaniker
Mechaniker

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 03, 2019 05:06    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

Sturmzeit hat folgendes geschrieben:

Well, this would require a complete redesign of the drivetrain.
So the answer is no.

Hi Workerbee

I write to you because I have an issue with ngp6 offline mode. When I try to play in multiplayer of the original game the first car selected apears with the physics broken, just one gear works. Could you solve the problem for futures updates?

Regards

WorkerBee
GVRC Veteran
GVRC Veteran

WorkerBee's P. Galerie

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 03, 2019 07:02    Titel: NGP6 - Offline Test Antworten mit Zitat Back to top

[quote="dinoantonelli"]

Hi Workerbee

I write to you because I have an issue with ngp6 offline mode. When I try to play in multiplayer of the original game the first car selected apears with the physics broken, just one gear works. Could you solve the problem for futures updates?

Regards

That's not the fault of NGP, so the answer is no.

In the base game there are so many issues, in this case in the multiplayer/season mode.
The only reason why no one ever realized this is because the physics of the vanilla cars are almost all the same.

Anyway I don't get the point.
Why use a 15 year old game mode, which is broken in so many ways ?
The AI is flawed, no matter the modifications you make.
If you want to do offline rallies, use TrainingDay.
Then you can use any car, any stage, transfer damage from stage to stage, repair parts in service park etc etc.

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    German Virtual Racers Community Foren-Übersicht -> Richard Burns Rally -> Next Generation Physics Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Weiter
Seite 19 von 20

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen

Cobalt 2.0 phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright © 2002-2004 Jakob Persson

Modifieds: 2004-2006 by Adi